Does any one know what actually is going on?

  • Viktor Zimmermann
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2004
      Hello!
      I am very pleased by the idea of having a souvereign country for gays
      and lesbians. However, I'm a bit sceptical on the topic of how serious
      the guys do mean it: there are no informations available about how
      many people are actually living now on the island and what their names
      are?
      Also I could not find any street adress of the GLK Embassies neither
      any telephone numbers. God forgive me my scepticism, but does anyone
      have already acquired the citizenship and the pass and can tell what
      it is looking like? Have anybody visited the group and can tell any
      true report on what is actually going on and show some pics of the
      colonists and where they are dwelling?

      Please don't get me wrong: I am very interested in the project and
      would like to support it when sure it's serious and no fake. Mind that
      sceptics are former idealists, and I would be pleased to be taught
      better. So please report your experiences (positive or negative) with
      the project and its realisation, if such is existent.

      Regards, Vicky
    • Narud8080@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2004
        In a message dated 12/19/2004 3:37:43 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, sekretariat@... writes:
        Well put Vicky, and I agree with you wholeheartedly.  Come on guys, lets have some more substantial proof that this is real.  My partner applied for Citizenship, and has yet to even hear back.  Not even in the form of an e-mail saying "thank you for your interest".  Hate to skeptical myself, but, given the state of US Government (where I currently reside) it's hard to not view these things without a bit of concern.
        Great idea, great start, but, what's going on?
        Travis
      • Fremont BridgeMan
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2004
          I received an e-mail today from the Gay Court with instructions for
          completing the citizenship and passport applications. If you have
          not received the e-mail, let me know and I'll forward what I got.
          Remember, all this is being done by volunteers. -- Joe Grande,
          Seattle

          --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, Narud8080@a... wrote:

          > In a message dated 12/19/2004 3:37:43 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
          > sekretariat@v... writes:
          >
          > http://groups._yahoo.com_ (mip://03cadcd8/yahoo%
          20com) /group/gaykingdom/

          > Well put Vicky, and I agree with you wholeheartedly. Come on
          guys, lets
          > have some more substantial proof that this is real. My partner
          applied for
          > Citizenship, and has yet to even hear back. Not even in the form
          of an e-mail
          > saying "thank you for your interest". Hate to skeptical myself,
          but, given the
          > state of US Government (where I currently reside) it's hard to not
          view
          > these things without a bit of concern.
          > Great idea, great start, but, what's going on?
          > Travis
        • Robert
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 23, 2004
            Greetings Vicky (and Travis subsequent post),

            The first I heard of the GLK of the Coral Sea Islands was a few months back as a producer
            for the Breakfast show for JOY Melbourne (www.joy.org.au) Australia's first GLBTI radio
            station where we had an interview with HM Dale.

            I was a little sceptical at first but since speaking with HM Dale at length, seeing the photos
            from the Cato (available here on the group or at www.gaykingdom.org) I was very
            interested and put my hand up to offer my assistance.

            Like most GLBTI (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex) organizations
            throughout the world, it is all voluntary work. It starts off small and grows when people
            participate. Of course that means hard working GLBTI community members who already
            have fulltime jobs spend many hours work hard seeing our cause given the credit they
            deserve. In response to requests for citizenship and the like sometimes there are delays
            due to the very nature of administrative posts being filled by volunteers.

            Also the geography of Cato Island can be rather deceptive on a map, I can assure you that
            the trip out to the island is a long one from mainland Australia. One couldn't just pop over
            for a cup of tea and check up.

            On the matter of seriousness, I would consider that the amount of time and energy spent
            on this project by His Royal Majesty Dale, The Right Honourable Prime Minister David
            Smith and The Right Honourable Lord Chief Justice William Freeman to be sign that this
            not a gimmick or a fad.

            I think its great that you are sceptical, goodness knows we need to be sure of so many
            things these days, as you said sceptics are former idealists. For now I shall remain an
            idealist.

            I hope that others do respond to your request for information.

            I wish you all the very best

            Regards
            Robert Yule
            Consul General Melbourne