Re: Fwd: Fw: Elders' Knowledge of the Oceans Spares Thai 'sea Gypsies' From Tsu

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
      --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Garvin" <todgar@y...> wrote:

      > An interesting article about the Moken (a.k.a. 'Sea Gypsies') and
      > the recent tsunami.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Todd
      >

      > > Headline:
      > > Elders' Knowledge of the Oceans Spares Thai 'sea Gypsies' From
      > Tsunami
      > Disaster

      Thank you, Todd, for your support of indigenous people and for this most
      interesting article.
      I believe Lyall Watson, author of "Supernature", "The Romeo Factor" and
      "Gifts of Unknown Things", wrote in the latter about South Pacifis sea peoples
      sensing a tsunami coming.. An elder in a fishing boat could tell a monster
      wave was on its way by putting his head/ear in open sea.
      Also heard on Coast to Coast AM (US radio show of Art Bell) last night that
      the great singing whales (humpbacks?) are gone from a part of the coast of
      Hawaii - the West? Tradition says that they stay away when a tsunami may
      come.
      If I could talk to the animals!