Fwd: Fw: Elders' Knowledge of the Oceans Spares Thai 'sea Gypsies' From Tsunami Disaster

  • Todd Garvin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
      An interesting article about the Moken (a.k.a. 'Sea Gypsies') and
      the recent tsunami.

      Cheers,
      Todd

        --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Garvin" <todgar@y...> wrote:

        > An interesting article about the Moken (a.k.a. 'Sea Gypsies') and
        > the recent tsunami.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Todd
        >

        > > Headline:
        > > Elders' Knowledge of the Oceans Spares Thai 'sea Gypsies' From
        > Tsunami
        > Disaster

        Thank you, Todd, for your support of indigenous people and for this most
        interesting article.
        I believe Lyall Watson, author of "Supernature", "The Romeo Factor" and
        "Gifts of Unknown Things", wrote in the latter about South Pacifis sea peoples
        sensing a tsunami coming.. An elder in a fishing boat could tell a monster
        wave was on its way by putting his head/ear in open sea.
        Also heard on Coast to Coast AM (US radio show of Art Bell) last night that
        the great singing whales (humpbacks?) are gone from a part of the coast of
        Hawaii - the West? Tradition says that they stay away when a tsunami may
        come.
        If I could talk to the animals!