History update request

  • Yahya
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14, 2009
      Greetings to all,

      I've just visited the internet archive of the GLK site, last updated late in 2007. The history of the kingdom, given there, has Dale I as Emperor. However, on viewing the last few messages here, I find that the members (citizens?) of the GLK who run this Yahoo! Group, represented by PM Enrique, have in the interim "split" from "HRM Dale", and that Cato Island is no longer home to the GLK.

      Would someone please give me a run-down on these fascinating (and possibly unfortunate) events? Or even links to a couple of relevant threads in this group's messages.

      Thanks for your attention.

      Regards,
      Yahya
    • Enrique J Perez
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2009
        Yahya wrote:

        > Greetings to all,
        >
        > I've just visited the internet archive of the GLK site, last updated
        > late in 2007. The history of the kingdom, given there, has Dale I as
        > Emperor. However, on viewing the last few messages here, I find that
        > the members (citizens?) of the GLK who run this Yahoo! Group,
        > represented by PM Enrique, have in the interim "split" from "HRM
        > Dale", and that Cato Island is no longer home to the GLK.
        >
        > Would someone please give me a run-down on these fascinating (and
        > possibly unfortunate) events? Or even links to a couple of relevant
        > threads in this group's messages.
        >
        > Thanks for your attention.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Yahya

        Yahya,

        Please read the Gayzettes as they are the sole official publication of
        the GLK, and can provide you with the official historical record.

        In short, due to an unfortunate situation that arose in the government,
        the GLK did secede from HRM Dale. Without getting too involved here
        with specifics, essentially we "spun off" the "GLK of the Coral Seas"
        into a separate entity (GLKCS) along with it's Regent HRM Dale, after
        which the "GLK" (this group) and the "GLKCS" (under HRM Dale) became two
        separate sovereign entities. There is much work that HRM Dale must do
        with regards to Cato in Australia along with fellow Australians under
        the GLKCS banner. One of the issues around the Cato Island matter was
        that those of us not domiciled in Australia under jurisdiction (and
        protection) of both Australian and Commonwealth laws could have been
        placed in legal jeopardy for participation.

        Since we seceded, we have been in the process of reorganization.
        Currently, the government remains active but subdued. We have three
        active Councils: the Royal Council (Monarchy and Crown), the Advisory
        Council, and the Governing Council (Government). Due to the global
        economic recession-depression, many of our resources have been sporadic
        causing our time line to be lengthened.

        I hope this note, along with the Gayzettes, answer your questions.
        Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

        Sincerely,

        Enrique Pérez
        PM, GLK
        Governing Council
      • Yahya
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 26, 2009
          Enrique Pérez
          PM, GLK

          Dear Enrique,

          You wrote:

          > Yahya wrote:
          [snip]
          > > I've just visited the internet archive of the GLK site, last updated late in 2007. The history of the kingdom, given there, has Dale I as Emperor. However, on viewing the last few messages here, I find that the members (citizens?) of the GLK who run this Yahoo! Group, represented by PM Enrique, have in the interim "split" from "HRM Dale", and that Cato Island is no longer home to the GLK.
          > >
          > > Would someone please give me a run-down on these fascinating (and possibly unfortunate) events? Or even links to a couple of relevant threads in this group's messages.
          [snip]

          > Yahya,
          >
          > Please read the Gayzettes as they are the sole official publication of the GLK, and can provide you with the official historical record.
          >
          > In short, due to an unfortunate situation that arose in the government, the GLK did secede from HRM Dale. Without getting too involved here with specifics, essentially we "spun off" the "GLK of the Coral Seas" into a separate entity (GLKCS) along with it's Regent HRM Dale, after which the "GLK" (this group) and the "GLKCS" (under HRM Dale) became two separate sovereign entities. There is much work that HRM Dale must do with regards to Cato in Australia along with fellow Australians under the GLKCS banner. One of the issues around the Cato Island matter was that those of us not domiciled in Australia under jurisdiction (and protection) of both Australian and Commonwealth laws could have been placed in legal jeopardy for participation.
          >
          > Since we seceded, we have been in the process of reorganization. Currently, the government remains active but subdued. We have three active Councils: the Royal Council (Monarchy and Crown), the Advisory Council, and the Governing Council (Government). Due to the global economic recession-depression, many of our resources have been sporadic causing our time line to be lengthened.
          >
          > I hope this note, along with the Gayzettes, answer your questions. Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
          >
          > Sincerely,
          > Enrique Pérez
          > PM, GLK
          > Governing Council

          Thanks for taking the trouble to clarify the matter. After googling "gayzette", I discovered what I might have guessed: that they are published in the Files section of this Yahoo! Group. Reading them in chronological order from around mid-2005 certainly gave me a picture of the difficulties of the GLK from the viewpoint of the present government. Since HIM Dale does not seem to have commented, either on this group or on the GLK website, his view of the matter can only be surmised.

          The task of drafting (let alone reviewing) a Constitution is enormous, and nobody can doubt the determination and effort of the present government (Royal Council) shown by the progress reports in successive issues of the Gayzette. I look forward to seeing the fruit of all these efforts, and trust the transition phase will not endure too much longer, so that the GLK can begin to deliver on its fundamental promise: providing a jurisdiction in which no connection is assumed between a person's sexual orientation and his or her rights or abilities.

          Regards,
          Yahya
        • Enrique J Perez
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 26, 2009
            Yahya wrote:

> [...]
            > chronological order from around mid-2005 certainly gave me a picture
            > of the difficulties of the GLK from the viewpoint of the present
            > government. Since HIM Dale does not seem to have commented, either on
            > this group or on the GLK website, his view of the matter can only be
            > surmised.
            >
            > The task of drafting (let alone reviewing) a Constitution is enormous,
            > and nobody can doubt the determination and effort of the present
            > government (Royal Council) shown by the progress reports in successive
            > issues of the Gayzette. I look forward to seeing the fruit of all
            > these efforts, and trust the transition phase will not endure too much
            > longer, so that the GLK can begin to deliver on its fundamental
            > promise: providing a jurisdiction in which no connection is assumed
            > between a person's sexual orientation and his or her rights or abilities.

            Yahya,

            Thank you for your kind words.

            Hopefully in the not too distant future, the fruits of our labor will be
            published, and the efforts of our Kingdom will continue forward.

            Enrique Pérez
            PM, GLK
            Governing Council