Re: [gaykingdom] Aussie Head

  • R. Mitchell Deighan
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
      Re: [gaykingdom] Aussie Head
      Paul,
      Just realized something I should have been more aware of:
      my feelings about Philadelphia (where I live and have worked as an activist for many years) are now so laden with disgust, and the integrity of the civic process is now at a most pathetic level.  At least HALF the battles I’ve fought or helped fight have been against our corrupt “city hall”.
      And there’s no fuckin’ end to it, they act like it’s business as usual.

      So, I’m wondering what the weather is like on Cato..?  Is there any way for us to get some info on this part?

      Mitch

      Although I must agree with a lot of his assessment of the United States, and it embarrasses me how much anger our government in the United States has caused not only here in America but around the world. I have, as an American, been in love with Australia all my life and have always wanted to live there. Unfortunately, to many countries have followed Americas, mis-lead. Just because America did good things in the past, doesn’t give them the right to rule the world the way a few feel fit to do. Remember, if Bush won this election fairly, which is now in doubt, you must remember something even more telling is he now holds the record for having the most people ever vote against an incumbent president. He has no mandate!

      My point is not to bash my own country though, I am just passionate about how badly it has turned here, but J has somewhere gotten the idea that the gay kingdom was started my a bunch of Americans who hate Australia? This is not true? Believe me if there were an island here we could annex like Hawaii maybe LOL! We would. However, I do believe America would turn its tanks on us where I don’t quite believe that of Australia. J you must understand this country was started by Australians, and is being helped out by gay people around the world! That includes me. I hope you are on board because settling for just a few freedoms is not enough. Remember Australian troops are in Iraq as well. Against there will as are our troops. But what can you do? You cant force anyone to like you so lets go somewhere where we can like ourselves!

      Hope this helps.

      Paul….

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 17, 2004
        I am not sure who you are? But you are obviously confused! I do not own
        this group, so therefore I can not ban you from it. I would be totally
        against banning your opinion and would welcome the debate! Mainly,
        because that is one of my strongest points, Free speech!

        So I am hoping that you can work this out with the owner of the group
        which is easy to find out. I would much rather trade presidents with you
        anytime! LOL!!

        Actually I was only 2 months shy of being born in Australia. I went
        there when I was 2 months old and then again when I was 7 so yes I have
        been there.

        Everybody who knows me my friends in Canada who are afraid to come here
        because of backlash, my friends in Italy, and Spain for the same reasons
        and your Country, whom I have many friends, all know that I am ashamed
        of what my country has done in the past few years. So your label is not
        one that I will accept! No one I have ever met has been more a defender
        of free speech than me. It has gotten me in trouble many a time! That's
        why I find it so amusing you would accuse me of such a thing? :)

        I hope that this sets things straight! So to speak!

        Sincerely

        Paul...

        Paul!
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2004

          How interesting... possibly karmic. My sire was one of the men in the US
          B-52's who flew in the Pacific theater.
          yankie