May I recommend a great book?

  • Adam DeBaugh
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14, 2006
      As a member of this list-serve, I really recommend this
      book.  I am very proud to be the publisher.  Please order
      a copy today.

      "Come Home! Reclaiming Spirituality and Community as
      Gay Men and Lesbians," second edition, by Chris Glaser.
      First published in 1990 by HarperCollins, the second
      edition was published in 1998 by Chi Rho Press with
      the addition of five new chapters to the original 20.

      "Come Home!" is perhaps Chris Glaser's best book.  It
      is divided into five sections, each with five chapters.
      The five sections are entitled, "Welcoming God's
      Acceptance," "Receiving Our Inheritance," "Discerning
      Our Call," "Making Our Witness," and "Declaring Our
      Vision."

      Bishop John Shelby Spong called "Come Home!" "powerful,
      sensitive, and provocative. . . . Glaser stands inside
      his own humanity as a gay male and hears the word of
      God through the Bible.  Christians, gay and straight,
      need this book if we are to be the body of Christ."

      This is a brilliant and important book by perhaps the
      best-known Gay Christian writer in the U.S. today.

      The Rev. Carter Heyward called "Come Home!" "an
      enthusiastic compelling testimony to the power of
      faith in the lives of many gay and lesbian
      Christians."

      Virginia Ramey Mollenkott said, "If courage, honesty,
      and insight are beautiful, then this is one beautiful
      book. . . . I rejoice that in this book all the gay
      men and lesbian women who have been robbed of their
      spirituality are issued an urgent invitation: Come
      home!"

      "Come Home!" by Chris Glaser offers a vision of faith,
      hope, and affirmation inviting gay men and lesbians
      to come home to their spirituality through Christian
      faith and community.  Order your copy today!

      "Come Home!" is available for $19.95 each, $14.95 each
      for six or more copies, plus shipping and handling.
      See it on our Web site at this link:

      R. Adam DeBaugh
      Chi Rho Press, Your LGBT Christian Publishing House
      Subscribe to Chi Rho Connection, our free electronic newsletter
      mailto:ChiRhoPress-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Please visit the Chi Rho Press Website.
      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com
    • Adam DeBaugh
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2007
        Dear friends,

        I have published a new blog entry called Potentially Hazardous on the
        Chi Rho Press blog, http://chirhopress.blogspot.com

        The weekly Reflections are published there as well.

        Please take a look and let me know what you think.

        Grace and peace,
        Brother Adam

        R. Adam DeBaugh, OSL
        Chi Rho Press, Your LGBT Christian Publishing House
        Subscribe to Chi Rho Connection, our free electronic newsletter
        mailto:ChiRhoPress-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Please visit the Chi Rho Press Website.
        http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

        And check out our new blog at http://chirhopress.blogspot.com

      • Adam DeBaugh
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 11 3:53 PM
          Dear friends,

          I have published a new blog entry called "Go Ahead, Be
          Angry at God" on the Chi Rho Press blog,