Re: [gaykingdom] URL Correction - : Bogus spurious Tagomago Island is up for SALE

  • Fremont BridgeMan
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
      Still not the right URL.  When I click, or Cut-N-Paste all I get is the following error message;

      "

      404 Page Not Found

      The following page:

      http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/news/2004/island_for_180804_i.h

      was not found in our site.

      Unfortunately the page you requested no longer exists in our site. The webmaster has been notified of this error."

      So it's still looks like a bogus idea to me.

      Joe

      Seattle

      yank_canuck <yank_canuck@...> wrote:

      Here's the right URL - sorry!
      http://tinyurl.com/53tvd

      --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "yank_canuck" <yank_canuck@y...>

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
        --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, Fremont BridgeMan
        <wsbridgeman@y...> wrote:
        > Still not the right URL. When I click, or Cut-N-Paste all I get is
        the following error message;

        Sorry about the trouble! The URL Gremlin has it in for me right
        now, I guess,
        Here is a message from Feral with a successufl URL about this
        matter.
        Thanks, Feral!
        -----
        Excellent point about Tagomago in GayKingdom. It seems
        unlikely in the extreme that Spain would even consider giving up
        sovereignty over the island just because someone wants it.

        Note that the island of Tagomago is apparently currently for sale
        (all 145 acres of it). Such sales are ordinarily simple real estate
        deals and do not include sovereignty.

        http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/sales_islands/sites/01_tago1
        .html

        Since it is for sale, it therefore follows that there is a `seller',
        someone who owns the island outright. Since there is a fairly
        posh villa on the island, I suspect this seller is a private citizen
        (of course, there are any number of reasons why the island
        might be being sold by the government of Spain). Barring the
        vanishingly remote chance that this upstart group has in fact
        already purchased it for themselves, the very fact that it is for sale
        on the open market suggests that no one other than the seller
        has control over that island, and no one other than the eventual
        purchaser is going to have it in the future.

        This Tagomago business strikes me as particularly
        hare-brained. It seems likely that it is either a pathetic imitation of
        the GLK or an outright parody.

        Feral
        "Sovereignty changes everything."
      • paul lecorde
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
          The URL you are sending is correct.... your mail
          service is splitting it into 2 lines... to make it
          work
          people just need to paste both lines in the
          address bar...

          > --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, Fremont BridgeMan
          >
          > <wsbridgeman@y...> wrote:
          > > Still not the right URL. When I click, or
          > Cut-N-Paste all I get is
          > the following error message;
          >
          > Sorry about the trouble! The URL Gremlin has it in
          > for me right
          > now, I guess,
          > Here is a message from Feral with a successufl URL
          > about this
          > matter.
          > Thanks, Feral!
          > -----
          > Excellent point about Tagomago in GayKingdom. It
          > seems
          > unlikely in the extreme that Spain would even
          > consider giving up
          > sovereignty over the island just because someone
          > wants it.
          > �
          > Note that the island of Tagomago is apparently
          > currently for sale
          > (all 145 acres of it). Such sales are ordinarily
          > simple real estate
          > deals and do not include sovereignty.
          > �

          http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/sales_islands/sites/01_tago1
          > .html
          > �
          > Since it is for sale, it therefore follows that
          > there is a `seller',
          > someone who owns the island outright. Since there is
          > a fairly
          > posh villa on the island, I suspect this seller is a
          > private citizen
          > (of course, there are any number of reasons why the
          > island
          > might be being sold by the government of Spain).
          > Barring the
          > vanishingly remote chance that this upstart group
          > has in fact
          > already purchased it for themselves, the very fact
          > that it is for sale
          > on the open market suggests that no one other than
          > the seller
          > has control over that island, and no one other than
          > the eventual
          > purchaser is going to have it in the future.
          > �
          > This Tagomago business strikes me as particularly
          > hare-brained. It seems likely that it is either a
          > pathetic imitation of
          > the GLK or an outright parody.
          > �
          > Feral
          > "Sovereignty changes everything."

          http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com
        • Tim and Jeff
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
            Or maybe they did the hoax thinking they could stir up buyers in the "gay independence" movement.  After all it is quite a bit of useful land..... GRIN... The Villa would make a great palace. :)

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
              Ahhhhhh, works better when I use ALL the address.  Not a bad price either.  Now, how do we get Independence from Spain?

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
                --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Tim and Jeff" <tim-jeff@t...> wrote:
                > Or maybe they did the hoax thinking they could stir up buyers in the "gay
                independence" movement. After all it is quite a bit of useful land..... GRIN...
                The Villa would make a great palace. :)

                Distractions from the real issues of nation building, statecraft and settlement
                are all very well, as long as we recognize them for what they are.
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
                  <wsbridgeman@y...> wrote:
                  > Ahhhhhh, works better when I use ALL the address. Not a bad price either.
                  Now, how do we get Independence from Spain?

                  Fremont,, I takeit the Kingdom, or you, have the needed ready cash for the
                  real estate?
                • Tim and Jeff
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 2, 2005
                    Actually I was just adding a bit of levity to the matter.  On the serious side, it just seems like the usable land in the kingdom is far too small.  It would be nice if we had more to work with. Unless this is a statement to the world and the vast majority of the "Gay Tribe" will be living in thier own home lands.  By this I mean there would be a small contingent on the actual island along with the parliment and the monarch and the rest of us stay put in our respective nations but identify with the GLK and fight the cause here at home.

                    What would be a workable plan would be to have the actual GLT kingdom include "gay villages" in each nation.  Yes an actual city or village we form in unincorporated areas.  For instance in the US we have places that are only governed by the county and the state but not a local municipality.  Suppose we were to form villages/towns and be islands of freedom.

                    I like the idea of a kingdom but what if we all came?  There isn't enough room and the enviroment could not sustain us.  For instance if there was about 200 of us in this Yahoo group and we all pulled up stakes became citizens and moved to Cato Island or one of the other small islands in the realm where would we all fit?  What would we do for a sustainable economy?  Food? Agriculture? Jobs?  I am not meaning to be a negative voice just asking realistic questions.  At least when the Jews moved back to Israel they had a nice chunk of land to work with.

                    TJ

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 2, 2005
                        <wsbridgeman@y...> wrote:

                        > I wonder what is involved in setting up "Consulates or
                        Missions" in another country. I realize the host country must
                        recognize the existence of the other country as a sovereign
                        nation, however I do not think there is a limitation on the size,
                        land area for the Consulate or Mission.

                        > Since Consulates or Missions are considered a "Nation within
                        a Nation", this would be sovereign land. These could be set up
                        in each state or major city. Considering that American, Brits,
                        Canadians, to name only a few live as "Expatriates" in other
                        countries, I do not see why citizens of the GLK could not do the
                        same.

                        > Joe
                        >
                        > Seattle

                        BRILLIANT.Joe! Thank you.
                        There are a both an Embassy and a Consulate of the nation of
                        Italy in Southern Ontario, Canada, where I live, and i have often
                        walked past and felt a strange connection to it.
                        I will be appy to help, if the opportunity arises. Will Real estate
                        have to be purchased? Or can consulate/embassy be in rented
                        premises? There are nice farms here, not impossibly expensive
                        - comparable to cost of a city house for 100+acres and
                        house/buildings in good condition.

                        Second, how does Tagomago seller guarantee sovereignty
                        when they have no state structure in place, and if they are
                        planning to offload the property? Bogus, dude!
                      • Viktor Zimmermann
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 2, 2005
                          Well, at the moment it doesn's seem that Cato is going to become
                          overpopulated ;-) Generally, I would suppose that a kind of "kibbutz"
                          could function pretty well, living from tourists and donations from
                          the gay community spread all over the world. It is not necessary, that
                          ALL people, who live on GLK territory, do this permanently. Many would
                          prefer to come for some monthes, dive, look to corals and maybe do
                          something usefull (e.g. building streets and HRH palace). But anyway,
                          a hard-core group of idealist will have to make a decision for life.

                          First, a regular and safe transportation of goods and people from
                          Australia to GLK (and back) must be installed. This means, either an
                          own or rented vessel will go to Cato at appointed dates, which should
                          be openly told to the comunity so that anyone who wants can buy his
                          place on board. To this purpose, a commercial agency, however small,
                          can be founded in Brisbane or Sydney and menage the thing. This
                          agency, for legal reasons, shall be only a commercial enterprise and
                          not participate in immigration help (officially), or else someone will
                          be arrested.

                          Second, a GLK-located company (pro-forma settled also in Brisbane or
                          Sydney) must be founded and shares be sold to interested citizens (25%
                          -50% can stay in states hand). This company shall make a busines plan
                          for Cato's initial developement and, if approved by the GLK
                          government, start building houses and infrastructure. Same company
                          must be permitted to earn money by issuing of official stamps and
                          other state symboles. The development can begin with small houses for
                          tourists and locals and a tiny palace for HRH Dale :-) All the bigger
                          plans like artificial islands and an own space program can be realised
                          later, when the GLK's budget allows grows a bit.

                          Third, the goverment must rule openly, by publishing reports on how
                          many citizens were aquired, what GLK's cash-flow is and what the money
                          is being spend for. Each official is a public person and must present
                          himself on gaykingdom.org by publishing his name, a photho and a short
                          CV. This is the modern understanding of administrating a country,
                          guys!

                          Vicky

                          Besides: it seems that in Spain gay marriages will soon be officially
                          recognised, and on Ibiza a flourishing gay amusement industry is
                          already existent. Keep in mind, in Europe a "small island" not
                          necessarily means there is no one living there ;-)

                          wrote:

                          > I like the idea of a kingdom but what if we all came? There isn't
                          enough room and the enviroment could not sustain us. For instance if
                          there was about 200 of us in this Yahoo group and we all pulled up
                          stakes became citizens and moved to Cato Island or one of the other
                          small islands in the realm where would we all fit? What would we do
                          for a sustainable economy? Food? Agriculture? Jobs? I am not meaning
                          to be a negative voice just asking realistic questions. At least when
                          the Jews moved back to Israel they had a nice chunk of land to work
                          with.

                          > TJ

                          Service.
                        • sera_konosi
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
                            I am sorry to get you out of your dreams , the Kingdom of Tagomago
                            had bought the island of Tagomago!!

                            We are glad to say that the first steps to a own European gay minded
                            nation is a few steps further!!

                            With al regards Miss Massa-Martinez
                            Prime minister Kingdom Tagomago

                            --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Viktor Zimmermann"
                            <sekretariat@v...> wrote:

> [...]
                            >
                            > --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Tim and Jeff" <tim-jeff@t...>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I like the idea of a kingdom but what if we all came? There
                            isn't
                            > enough room and the enviroment could not sustain us. For instance
                            if
                            > there was about 200 of us in this Yahoo group and we all pulled up
                            > stakes became citizens and moved to Cato Island or one of the
                            other
                            > small islands in the realm where would we all fit? What would we
                            do
                            > for a sustainable economy? Food? Agriculture? Jobs? I am not
                            meaning
                            > to be a negative voice just asking realistic questions. At least
                            when
                            > the Jews moved back to Israel they had a nice chunk of land to

                          • Fremont BridgeMan
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
                              Madam Prime Minister;

                              I am a bit confused. The web states the Island of
                              Tagomago is still for sale. My understand now is that
                              the island has been bought and is wholly owned by the
                              Kingdom of Tagomago.

                              So, is there now an independent country known as The
                              Kingdom of Tagomago?

                              Is the Kingdom now and forever free of Spain or the
                              influence/control of any other country?

                              While I know the makeup of the Kingdom, (island), what
                              is the makeup of the government?

                              What are the plans for citizenship, immigration?

                              Sorry for all the questions, and believe me this is
                              only the start, but I am SERIOUSLY interested in a GL
                              Kingdom, country, nation.

                              Joe
                              Seattle, (US)

                              --- sera_konosi <sera_konosi@...> wrote:

> [...]
                              > > >
                              > > > I like the idea of a kingdom but what if we all
                              > came? There
                              > isn't
                              > > enough room and the enviroment could not sustain
                              > us. For instance
                              > if
                              > > there was about 200 of us in this Yahoo group and
                              > we all pulled up
                              > > stakes became citizens and moved to Cato Island or
                              > one of the
                              > other
                              > > small islands in the realm where would we all fit?
                              > What would we
                              > do
                              > > for a sustainable economy? Food? Agriculture?
                              > Jobs? I am not
                              > meaning
                              > > to be a negative voice just asking realistic
                              > questions. At least
                              > when
                              > > the Jews moved back to Israel they had a nice

                            • sera_konosi
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
                                Sir,

                                Maybe if you become member of our island grour you get informed
                                better...

                                Our King Michael C. and his government is very hard busy to get our
                                country a sovereign nation , but as you maybe know with al large
                                nations like Spain, great brittain, U.S.A. etc it is very difficult
                                to get our declaration true the burocration .

                                Spain is not the issue because we are not a danger for them, we have
                                not declared war on them but just declared sovereignty of our small
                                but for us important nation!!!

                                We have money in reserve so we are very serious and we already an
                                other option on a nice island!

                                As you hear we do not sit still!!

                                And the real question is; is it possible to get really free of
                                control of let's say U.S.A???

                                We are trying to let them accept and respect our laws ,we do not
                                acceps less!!!

                                For the citizens case we are working hard on the issue how many
                                citizens we can have on the island because it is just 145 acres
                                large and we also want a little economic zone to profite our
                                Kingdoms cost's!

                                We do not want peaple to give us money or something like that and
                                then we can not make it happen what we have promised!!

                                We ask everybody who WANT to become a citizen in future to first
                                become a member on the group and write a email with
                                name ,adres,coutry you live in date of birth and what work you
                                do ...a nice cv ... to

                                koninkrijk_tagomago@...

                                We put al papers in our national archive and when we can work the
                                immigration and have our pasports ready then we make contact.

                                We hope that we have informed you enough

                                greetings

                                Miss Massa_martinez
                                Prime minister

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
                                  --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "sera_konosi" <sera_konosi@y...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > I am sorry to get you out of your dreams , the Kingdom of Tagomago
                                  > had bought the island of Tagomago!!
                                  >
                                  > We are glad to say that the first steps to a own European gay minded
                                  > nation is a few steps further!!
                                  >
                                  > With al regards Miss Massa-Martinez
                                  > Prime minister Kingdom Tagomago

                                  (With apologies in advance for sidescroll)

                                  Dear Prime Minster Massa-Martinez,

                                  I have yet to see official evidence of any Tagomago kingdom.

                                  As you can see from the links below, in fact as of a few minutes ago the
                                  island of Tagomago is still listed for sale.

                                  I have given as much time and attention to this matter as I am willing and able
                                  to give, and, lacking further verifiable evidence, cannot devote myself futher
                                  to the matter of your island.

                                  If and when the new ownership papers are available, as well as other state
                                  documents, perhaps you can do us the kindness of posting them.

                                  http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=tagomago+r
                                  eal+estate&btnG=Search&meta=

                                  VLADI PRIVATE ISLANDS
                                  ... Tagomago is only one mile from the coastline of Ibiza. ... VLADI PRIVATE
                                  ISLANDS is a long-time member of FIABCI (International Real Estate
                                  Federation) serving the ...
                                  www.vladi-private-islands.de/ sales_islands/sites/01_tago1.html - 13k -
                                  Cached - Similar pages

                                  VLADI ISLAND TRAVEL
                                  ... from the harbour at Pou des Lleó or from Santa Eulalia to Tagomago. ...
                                  ISLANDS is a long-time member of FIABCI (International Real Estate
                                  Federation) serving the ...
                                  www.vladi-private-islands.de/ rent_islands/sites/reg1_tago_1.html - 14k -
                                  Cached - Similar pages
                                  [ More results from www.vladi-private-islands.de ]

                                  San Carlos Spain Real Estate Rental - House - Sleeps: 10
                                  ... Spain - Vacation Real Estate Rental. Truly escape the rigours of daily life at
                                  this beautiful and secluded house with breathtaking views of Tagomago
                                  Island and ...
                                  www.vrbo.com/42406 - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

                                  Inmobiliaria Villa Contact, Real Estate Agent in Santa Eulalia ...
                                  ... San Lorenzo Country ref 168This beautifully quiet estate is situated ... the
                                  sea coast and the island of Tagomago from an ... this charming small villa is a
                                  real jewel ...
                                  www.villacontact.com/prop_price2_i.htm - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

                                  Inmobiliaria Villa Contact, Real Estate Agent in Santa Eulalia ...
                                  ... and on the east side the island of Tagomago. ... San Lorenzo Area REF
                                  158This private estate is situated ... MORE PROPERTIES: up to 500,000€ |
                                  500,000€ to 1,000,000 ...
                                  www.villacontact.com/prop_price3_i.htm - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
                                  [ More results from www.villacontact.com ]

                                  Complete list of local business web sites you'll find here in ...
                                  ... Sol Bahía Apartments; Squash Apartments; Tagomago Hotel; Talamanca
                                  Hostel; Valencia Hostel; ... Tourist Train; Windsurfing & Sailing. Real Estate.
                                  www.ibiza-spotlight.com/contact/clients_i.htm - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

                                  Reviews of the Tagomago Hotel
                                  ... I recently spent a week at the Hotel Tagomago in the beautiful San Antonio
                                  Bay area ... The only real downside for me was that my room was very small
                                  and as it didn ...
                                  www.ibiza-spotlight.com/ reviews/hotels/hoteltagomago_i.htm - 24k - Cached
                                  - Similar pages
                                  [ More results from www.ibiza-spotlight.com ]

                                  Residencial El Mirador de Tagomago MIM Int.SL-Inmobiliaria ...
                                  ... mundial. Aquí se encuentra la promoción "Mirador de Tagomago". There
                                  ... fame. Here you can find the promotion "Mirador de Tagomago.". Nur ...
                                  www.inmobiliariamim.com/ Eexclusivas/ETagomago/pagetago.htm - 13k -
                                  Cached - Similar pages

                                  vacation rental SANTA EULALIA rentals apartments SANTA EULALIA ...
                                  ... Advertiser: Vicente Bonet, Ref.: M-TAGOMAGO. ... Other contents: rent a
                                  car, typical spanish towns, real estate agencies, travel agency, tourist
                                  information... ...
                                  www.casaspain.com/wing/rs_ apartments_1.asp?loc=SANTA%20EULALIA -
                                  24k - Cached - Similar pages

                                  apartments Islas Baleares apartment Islas Baleares rent holiday ...
                                  ... Mirador de Tagomago. new, at seafront. ... Other contents: rent a car,
                                  typical spanish towns, real estate agencies, travel agency, tourist
                                  information... ...
                                  www.casaspain.com/wing/rs_ apartments_6.asp?zona=Islas%20Baleares -
                                  62k - Cached - Similar pages
                                  [ More results from www.casaspain.com ]