Bogus spurious Tagomago Island is up for SALE

    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
      Ohhh dear... seems the would-be "Tagomago kingdom" is a
      commercial property up for sale.

      So the "kingdom" announcement was a ploy to drum up interest
      in this resort. the property is now, and would remain after sale,
      under the rule of the country of Spain.

      http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/news/2004/island_for_180804_i.h
      tm

      Tip of the hat to Feral - Thanks!
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
        Here's the right URL - sorry!
        http://tinyurl.com/53tvd

        --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "yank_canuck" <yank_canuck@y...>
        wrote:

        > Ohhh dear... seems the would-be "Tagomago kingdom" is a
        > commercial property up for sale.
        >
        > So the "kingdom" announcement was a ploy to drum up interest
        > in this resort. the property is now, and would remain after sale,
        > under the rule of the country of Spain.
        >

        > http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/news/2004/island_for_180804_i.h
        > tm
        >
        > Tip of the hat to Feral - Thanks!
      • Fremont BridgeMan
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
          Still not the right URL.  When I click, or Cut-N-Paste all I get is the following error message;

          "

          404 Page Not Found

          The following page:

          http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/news/2004/island_for_180804_i.h

          was not found in our site.

          Unfortunately the page you requested no longer exists in our site. The webmaster has been notified of this error."

          So it's still looks like a bogus idea to me.

          Joe

          Seattle

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
            --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, Fremont BridgeMan
            <wsbridgeman@y...> wrote:
            > Still not the right URL. When I click, or Cut-N-Paste all I get is
            the following error message;

            Sorry about the trouble! The URL Gremlin has it in for me right
            now, I guess,
            Here is a message from Feral with a successufl URL about this
            matter.
            Thanks, Feral!
            -----
            Excellent point about Tagomago in GayKingdom. It seems
            unlikely in the extreme that Spain would even consider giving up
            sovereignty over the island just because someone wants it.

            Note that the island of Tagomago is apparently currently for sale
            (all 145 acres of it). Such sales are ordinarily simple real estate
            deals and do not include sovereignty.

            http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/sales_islands/sites/01_tago1
            .html

            Since it is for sale, it therefore follows that there is a `seller',
            someone who owns the island outright. Since there is a fairly
            posh villa on the island, I suspect this seller is a private citizen
            (of course, there are any number of reasons why the island
            might be being sold by the government of Spain). Barring the
            vanishingly remote chance that this upstart group has in fact
            already purchased it for themselves, the very fact that it is for sale
            on the open market suggests that no one other than the seller
            has control over that island, and no one other than the eventual
            purchaser is going to have it in the future.

            This Tagomago business strikes me as particularly
            hare-brained. It seems likely that it is either a pathetic imitation of
            the GLK or an outright parody.

            Feral
            "Sovereignty changes everything."
          • paul lecorde
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
              The URL you are sending is correct.... your mail
              service is splitting it into 2 lines... to make it
              work
              people just need to paste both lines in the
              address bar...

              > --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, Fremont BridgeMan
              >
              > <wsbridgeman@y...> wrote:
              > > Still not the right URL. When I click, or
              > Cut-N-Paste all I get is
              > the following error message;
              >
              > Sorry about the trouble! The URL Gremlin has it in
              > for me right
              > now, I guess,
              > Here is a message from Feral with a successufl URL
              > about this
              > matter.
              > Thanks, Feral!
              > -----
              > Excellent point about Tagomago in GayKingdom. It
              > seems
              > unlikely in the extreme that Spain would even
              > consider giving up
              > sovereignty over the island just because someone
              > wants it.
              > �
              > Note that the island of Tagomago is apparently
              > currently for sale
              > (all 145 acres of it). Such sales are ordinarily
              > simple real estate
              > deals and do not include sovereignty.
              > �

              http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/sales_islands/sites/01_tago1
              > .html
              > �
              > Since it is for sale, it therefore follows that
              > there is a `seller',
              > someone who owns the island outright. Since there is
              > a fairly
              > posh villa on the island, I suspect this seller is a
              > private citizen
              > (of course, there are any number of reasons why the
              > island
              > might be being sold by the government of Spain).
              > Barring the
              > vanishingly remote chance that this upstart group
              > has in fact
              > already purchased it for themselves, the very fact
              > that it is for sale
              > on the open market suggests that no one other than
              > the seller
              > has control over that island, and no one other than
              > the eventual
              > purchaser is going to have it in the future.
              > �
              > This Tagomago business strikes me as particularly
              > hare-brained. It seems likely that it is either a
              > pathetic imitation of
              > the GLK or an outright parody.
              > �
              > Feral
              > "Sovereignty changes everything."

              http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com
            • Tim and Jeff
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
                Or maybe they did the hoax thinking they could stir up buyers in the "gay independence" movement.  After all it is quite a bit of useful land..... GRIN... The Villa would make a great palace. :)

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
                  Ahhhhhh, works better when I use ALL the address.  Not a bad price either.  Now, how do we get Independence from Spain?

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
                    --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Tim and Jeff" <tim-jeff@t...> wrote:
                    > Or maybe they did the hoax thinking they could stir up buyers in the "gay
                    independence" movement. After all it is quite a bit of useful land..... GRIN...
                    The Villa would make a great palace. :)

                    Distractions from the real issues of nation building, statecraft and settlement
                    are all very well, as long as we recognize them for what they are.
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
                      <wsbridgeman@y...> wrote:
                      > Ahhhhhh, works better when I use ALL the address. Not a bad price either.
                      Now, how do we get Independence from Spain?

                      Fremont,, I takeit the Kingdom, or you, have the needed ready cash for the
                      real estate?
                    • Tim and Jeff
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 2, 2005
                        Actually I was just adding a bit of levity to the matter.  On the serious side, it just seems like the usable land in the kingdom is far too small.  It would be nice if we had more to work with. Unless this is a statement to the world and the vast majority of the "Gay Tribe" will be living in thier own home lands.  By this I mean there would be a small contingent on the actual island along with the parliment and the monarch and the rest of us stay put in our respective nations but identify with the GLK and fight the cause here at home.

                        What would be a workable plan would be to have the actual GLT kingdom include "gay villages" in each nation.  Yes an actual city or village we form in unincorporated areas.  For instance in the US we have places that are only governed by the county and the state but not a local municipality.  Suppose we were to form villages/towns and be islands of freedom.

                        I like the idea of a kingdom but what if we all came?  There isn't enough room and the enviroment could not sustain us.  For instance if there was about 200 of us in this Yahoo group and we all pulled up stakes became citizens and moved to Cato Island or one of the other small islands in the realm where would we all fit?  What would we do for a sustainable economy?  Food? Agriculture? Jobs?  I am not meaning to be a negative voice just asking realistic questions.  At least when the Jews moved back to Israel they had a nice chunk of land to work with.

                        TJ

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 2, 2005
                            <wsbridgeman@y...> wrote:

                            > I wonder what is involved in setting up "Consulates or
                            Missions" in another country. I realize the host country must
                            recognize the existence of the other country as a sovereign
                            nation, however I do not think there is a limitation on the size,
                            land area for the Consulate or Mission.

                            > Since Consulates or Missions are considered a "Nation within
                            a Nation", this would be sovereign land. These could be set up
                            in each state or major city. Considering that American, Brits,
                            Canadians, to name only a few live as "Expatriates" in other
                            countries, I do not see why citizens of the GLK could not do the
                            same.

                            > Joe
                            >
                            > Seattle

                            BRILLIANT.Joe! Thank you.
                            There are a both an Embassy and a Consulate of the nation of
                            Italy in Southern Ontario, Canada, where I live, and i have often
                            walked past and felt a strange connection to it.
                            I will be appy to help, if the opportunity arises. Will Real estate
                            have to be purchased? Or can consulate/embassy be in rented
                            premises? There are nice farms here, not impossibly expensive
                            - comparable to cost of a city house for 100+acres and
                            house/buildings in good condition.

                            Second, how does Tagomago seller guarantee sovereignty
                            when they have no state structure in place, and if they are
                            planning to offload the property? Bogus, dude!
                          • Viktor Zimmermann
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 2, 2005
                              Well, at the moment it doesn's seem that Cato is going to become
                              overpopulated ;-) Generally, I would suppose that a kind of "kibbutz"
                              could function pretty well, living from tourists and donations from
                              the gay community spread all over the world. It is not necessary, that
                              ALL people, who live on GLK territory, do this permanently. Many would
                              prefer to come for some monthes, dive, look to corals and maybe do
                              something usefull (e.g. building streets and HRH palace). But anyway,
                              a hard-core group of idealist will have to make a decision for life.

                              First, a regular and safe transportation of goods and people from
                              Australia to GLK (and back) must be installed. This means, either an
                              own or rented vessel will go to Cato at appointed dates, which should
                              be openly told to the comunity so that anyone who wants can buy his
                              place on board. To this purpose, a commercial agency, however small,
                              can be founded in Brisbane or Sydney and menage the thing. This
                              agency, for legal reasons, shall be only a commercial enterprise and
                              not participate in immigration help (officially), or else someone will
                              be arrested.

                              Second, a GLK-located company (pro-forma settled also in Brisbane or
                              Sydney) must be founded and shares be sold to interested citizens (25%
                              -50% can stay in states hand). This company shall make a busines plan
                              for Cato's initial developement and, if approved by the GLK
                              government, start building houses and infrastructure. Same company
                              must be permitted to earn money by issuing of official stamps and
                              other state symboles. The development can begin with small houses for
                              tourists and locals and a tiny palace for HRH Dale :-) All the bigger
                              plans like artificial islands and an own space program can be realised
                              later, when the GLK's budget allows grows a bit.

                              Third, the goverment must rule openly, by publishing reports on how
                              many citizens were aquired, what GLK's cash-flow is and what the money
                              is being spend for. Each official is a public person and must present
                              himself on gaykingdom.org by publishing his name, a photho and a short
                              CV. This is the modern understanding of administrating a country,
                              guys!

                              Vicky

                              Besides: it seems that in Spain gay marriages will soon be officially
                              recognised, and on Ibiza a flourishing gay amusement industry is
                              already existent. Keep in mind, in Europe a "small island" not
                              necessarily means there is no one living there ;-)

                              wrote:

                              > I like the idea of a kingdom but what if we all came? There isn't
                              enough room and the enviroment could not sustain us. For instance if
                              there was about 200 of us in this Yahoo group and we all pulled up
                              stakes became citizens and moved to Cato Island or one of the other
                              small islands in the realm where would we all fit? What would we do
                              for a sustainable economy? Food? Agriculture? Jobs? I am not meaning
                              to be a negative voice just asking realistic questions. At least when
                              the Jews moved back to Israel they had a nice chunk of land to work
                              with.

                              > TJ

                              Service.
                            • sera_konosi
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
                                I am sorry to get you out of your dreams , the Kingdom of Tagomago
                                had bought the island of Tagomago!!

                                We are glad to say that the first steps to a own European gay minded
                                nation is a few steps further!!

                                With al regards Miss Massa-Martinez
                                Prime minister Kingdom Tagomago

                                --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Viktor Zimmermann"
                                <sekretariat@v...> wrote:

> [...]
                                >
                                > --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Tim and Jeff" <tim-jeff@t...>
                                > wrote:
                                > >
                                > > I like the idea of a kingdom but what if we all came? There
                                isn't
                                > enough room and the enviroment could not sustain us. For instance
                                if
                                > there was about 200 of us in this Yahoo group and we all pulled up
                                > stakes became citizens and moved to Cato Island or one of the
                                other
                                > small islands in the realm where would we all fit? What would we
                                do
                                > for a sustainable economy? Food? Agriculture? Jobs? I am not
                                meaning
                                > to be a negative voice just asking realistic questions. At least
                                when
                                > the Jews moved back to Israel they had a nice chunk of land to

                              • Fremont BridgeMan
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
                                  Madam Prime Minister;

                                  I am a bit confused. The web states the Island of
                                  Tagomago is still for sale. My understand now is that
                                  the island has been bought and is wholly owned by the
                                  Kingdom of Tagomago.

                                  So, is there now an independent country known as The
                                  Kingdom of Tagomago?

                                  Is the Kingdom now and forever free of Spain or the
                                  influence/control of any other country?

                                  While I know the makeup of the Kingdom, (island), what
                                  is the makeup of the government?

                                  What are the plans for citizenship, immigration?

                                  Sorry for all the questions, and believe me this is
                                  only the start, but I am SERIOUSLY interested in a GL
                                  Kingdom, country, nation.

                                  Joe
                                  Seattle, (US)

                                  --- sera_konosi <sera_konosi@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I like the idea of a kingdom but what if we all
                                  > came? There
                                  > isn't
                                  > > enough room and the enviroment could not sustain
                                  > us. For instance
                                  > if
                                  > > there was about 200 of us in this Yahoo group and
                                  > we all pulled up
                                  > > stakes became citizens and moved to Cato Island or
                                  > one of the
                                  > other
                                  > > small islands in the realm where would we all fit?
                                  > What would we
                                  > do
                                  > > for a sustainable economy? Food? Agriculture?
                                  > Jobs? I am not
                                  > meaning
                                  > > to be a negative voice just asking realistic
                                  > questions. At least
                                  > when
                                  > > the Jews moved back to Israel they had a nice

                                • sera_konosi
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
                                    Sir,

                                    Maybe if you become member of our island grour you get informed
                                    better...

                                    Our King Michael C. and his government is very hard busy to get our
                                    country a sovereign nation , but as you maybe know with al large
                                    nations like Spain, great brittain, U.S.A. etc it is very difficult
                                    to get our declaration true the burocration .

                                    Spain is not the issue because we are not a danger for them, we have
                                    not declared war on them but just declared sovereignty of our small
                                    but for us important nation!!!

                                    We have money in reserve so we are very serious and we already an
                                    other option on a nice island!

                                    As you hear we do not sit still!!

                                    And the real question is; is it possible to get really free of
                                    control of let's say U.S.A???

                                    We are trying to let them accept and respect our laws ,we do not
                                    acceps less!!!

                                    For the citizens case we are working hard on the issue how many
                                    citizens we can have on the island because it is just 145 acres
                                    large and we also want a little economic zone to profite our
                                    Kingdoms cost's!

                                    We do not want peaple to give us money or something like that and
                                    then we can not make it happen what we have promised!!

                                    We ask everybody who WANT to become a citizen in future to first
                                    become a member on the group and write a email with
                                    name ,adres,coutry you live in date of birth and what work you
                                    do ...a nice cv ... to

                                    koninkrijk_tagomago@...

                                    We put al papers in our national archive and when we can work the
                                    immigration and have our pasports ready then we make contact.

                                    We hope that we have informed you enough

                                    greetings

                                    Miss Massa_martinez
                                    Prime minister

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
                                      --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "sera_konosi" <sera_konosi@y...>
                                      wrote:

                                      > I am sorry to get you out of your dreams , the Kingdom of Tagomago
                                      > had bought the island of Tagomago!!
                                      >
                                      > We are glad to say that the first steps to a own European gay minded
                                      > nation is a few steps further!!
                                      >
                                      > With al regards Miss Massa-Martinez
                                      > Prime minister Kingdom Tagomago

                                      (With apologies in advance for sidescroll)

                                      Dear Prime Minster Massa-Martinez,

                                      I have yet to see official evidence of any Tagomago kingdom.

                                      As you can see from the links below, in fact as of a few minutes ago the
                                      island of Tagomago is still listed for sale.

                                      I have given as much time and attention to this matter as I am willing and able
                                      to give, and, lacking further verifiable evidence, cannot devote myself futher
                                      to the matter of your island.

                                      If and when the new ownership papers are available, as well as other state
                                      documents, perhaps you can do us the kindness of posting them.

                                      http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=tagomago+r
                                      eal+estate&btnG=Search&meta=

                                      VLADI PRIVATE ISLANDS
                                      ... Tagomago is only one mile from the coastline of Ibiza. ... VLADI PRIVATE
                                      ISLANDS is a long-time member of FIABCI (International Real Estate
                                      Federation) serving the ...
                                      www.vladi-private-islands.de/ sales_islands/sites/01_tago1.html - 13k -
                                      Cached - Similar pages

                                      VLADI ISLAND TRAVEL
                                      ... from the harbour at Pou des Lleó or from Santa Eulalia to Tagomago. ...
                                      ISLANDS is a long-time member of FIABCI (International Real Estate
                                      Federation) serving the ...
                                      www.vladi-private-islands.de/ rent_islands/sites/reg1_tago_1.html - 14k -
                                      Cached - Similar pages
                                      [ More results from www.vladi-private-islands.de ]

                                      San Carlos Spain Real Estate Rental - House - Sleeps: 10
                                      ... Spain - Vacation Real Estate Rental. Truly escape the rigours of daily life at
                                      this beautiful and secluded house with breathtaking views of Tagomago
                                      Island and ...
                                      www.vrbo.com/42406 - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

                                      Inmobiliaria Villa Contact, Real Estate Agent in Santa Eulalia ...
                                      ... San Lorenzo Country ref 168This beautifully quiet estate is situated ... the
                                      sea coast and the island of Tagomago from an ... this charming small villa is a
                                      real jewel ...
                                      www.villacontact.com/prop_price2_i.htm - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

                                      Inmobiliaria Villa Contact, Real Estate Agent in Santa Eulalia ...
                                      ... and on the east side the island of Tagomago. ... San Lorenzo Area REF
                                      158This private estate is situated ... MORE PROPERTIES: up to 500,000€ |
                                      500,000€ to 1,000,000 ...
                                      www.villacontact.com/prop_price3_i.htm - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
                                      [ More results from www.villacontact.com ]

                                      Complete list of local business web sites you'll find here in ...
                                      ... Sol Bahía Apartments; Squash Apartments; Tagomago Hotel; Talamanca
                                      Hostel; Valencia Hostel; ... Tourist Train; Windsurfing & Sailing. Real Estate.
                                      www.ibiza-spotlight.com/contact/clients_i.htm - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

                                      Reviews of the Tagomago Hotel
                                      ... I recently spent a week at the Hotel Tagomago in the beautiful San Antonio
                                      Bay area ... The only real downside for me was that my room was very small
                                      and as it didn ...
                                      www.ibiza-spotlight.com/ reviews/hotels/hoteltagomago_i.htm - 24k - Cached
                                      - Similar pages
                                      [ More results from www.ibiza-spotlight.com ]

                                      Residencial El Mirador de Tagomago MIM Int.SL-Inmobiliaria ...
                                      ... mundial. Aquí se encuentra la promoción "Mirador de Tagomago". There
                                      ... fame. Here you can find the promotion "Mirador de Tagomago.". Nur ...
                                      www.inmobiliariamim.com/ Eexclusivas/ETagomago/pagetago.htm - 13k -
                                      Cached - Similar pages

                                      vacation rental SANTA EULALIA rentals apartments SANTA EULALIA ...
                                      ... Advertiser: Vicente Bonet, Ref.: M-TAGOMAGO. ... Other contents: rent a
                                      car, typical spanish towns, real estate agencies, travel agency, tourist
                                      information... ...
                                      www.casaspain.com/wing/rs_ apartments_1.asp?loc=SANTA%20EULALIA -
                                      24k - Cached - Similar pages

                                      apartments Islas Baleares apartment Islas Baleares rent holiday ...
                                      ... Mirador de Tagomago. new, at seafront. ... Other contents: rent a car,
                                      typical spanish towns, real estate agencies, travel agency, tourist
                                      information... ...
                                      www.casaspain.com/wing/rs_ apartments_6.asp?zona=Islas%20Baleares -
                                      62k - Cached - Similar pages
                                      [ More results from www.casaspain.com ]