God, Humans, and 11 stories of love

  • ridgeet roy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2005
      Did you read the news about that mass marriage in UAE... between 22 men... and the raid which took them... and their apparent punishment ?

      If you havent then its ok. It will happen again. And again. And one day it will stop coming in the right hand side of Yahoo! ...

      As the middle east wakes up to the so-called "western influence" ... 22 hearts will face trials .. and bear the symbolic lashing .. a mark of public embarrassment ...

      And then what happens ?

      What if they continue living together? Or shift to another country and live their marriage? Where does the law stand then?

      Execution ! That will just suppress it all for another decade ... till it becomes unbearable and explodes one fine day ...

      Imagine the negative repercussions this will have. I recently came across a young boy from Dubai through my mails, and realised the closeted's fear of living there... and the pain - eating them away all the time ...

      And so what is the solution? I was told to stop throwing questions... and give some reflections, or atleast implement in my own lives. So what is my POA? I live in a "not-so-different" country... What do I do if I need to live happily ...

      So I have decided to learn spanish or dutch for the time being...

      Am I running away ? Yes... coz its difficult for me to change everything... but there are others fighting for it ... shouldnt I help them ?

      Yes I can... only I dont know how ... So let me just start by talking about it ... and if I can make YOU agree to talk and think about it too, I might have done something to help these fighters - one small little step to begin with ...

      Taking the name of God, 11 unions have been questioned by some people. A stone that was thrown in the brook ... and now let the ripples reach at every corner ...

      Rij