Imagining Queer Nationalism

  • ihearttheory
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2005
      Hello all. I am writing a paper on Queer Nationalism and was hoping
      to probe all of your thoughts, as many of you have been following
      the birth of the Gay Kingdom far longer than I. If you are so
      inclined, please email your responses to corey.katz@...
      Please note that they may be cited in the paper, but I will not
      mention any personal information. Thanks very much!

      Focus of the paper:
      How does the queer community imagine itself? That is, how do
      individuals over vast distances feel they have something in common
      with other individuals who they may never meet?

      Survey questions. Answer with as much or as little detail as you
      like:

      1. How would you describe the feeling of community you have with
      others "like you" in the queer spectrum? What is it that links you?
      (i.e. if you are a lesbian, how would you characterize your fellow-
      feeling with other lesbians?)

      2. Does this differ from the sense of community you have with the
      rest of the queer spectrum? If it differs, how does it? If it does
      not, how would you describe the link you feel to "queers" as a whole?

      Broad question. Answer if, and however you like:
      Do you think that queers are a nation (in the way that, say, the
      Jews or Ukrainians are?) Why/why not?