No Day but Today ...

  • ridgeet roy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2005
      With every passing day I find more and more people talking about our rights. I dont know if its me who is finding more information (which otherwise had always been there, just I hadnt seen any ...) or life as we know it, is finally changing.

      As I read mails about hate crimes on the group dedicated to Matthew Shephard, I wonder why doesnt more of us react to such issues. I remember one episode of "6 Feet Under" which focussed on this, and countless incidents all across the world showing that we still have a long way to go. And then, all of a sudden, I find an article, telling about straight school and college children coming out in the open to support the cause of the LGTs... and I wonder, ...

      Of course then there are groups where I read countless ads, of demands and requirements, of pleas and agonies, of desires and seduction, of charm and glamour, and it seems like even though the world is getting smaller day by day, we are growing apart with every single day. Otherwise how can I explain this quest for flesh... more and more ... and even more... If so much option is available, then why is there no end to this search...

      And then there are Reichen and Chip, Elton John and George Michael, Ellen Degenerous and Rosie O'Donnels, and countless others, who are standing at the highest pedestals, and gleaming with fame, fortune and pride for their sexuality. As if to beckon me; I just close my eyes, and wait for my turn ...

      And then there was love. And the lack of it. No longer is it male-bonding, sex satisfying, brotherhood generating relationship. Its more. It has a name, it has a ritual, it has a future... and I look around... and think ...

      My congratulations to Sid who said he has figured out what makes him happy. I am happy to help him out in this way. And all those who have been talking about their experiences, abuses, thoughts, dreams and works... of unforgettable dates (not sex anymore but dates) ... never before have there been such a close bonding of people around me ... and I make an attempt to reach out ... and hold on ...

      And it has started. For me, Sid and many others ... A life of hope... with ups and downs.. but without fear ... Just like Pandora, who let out all the miseries of humankind from her box (except hope), and then letting out hope at the end... so it seems some of us have finally got hope after nights of despair, loneliness and agony...

      and it all starts today ... no day, but today ...

      Rij