Today for you, Tomorrow for me ...

  • ridgeet roy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2005
      They say, when bed relations are over, bad relations start.

      Of late I feel that the intensity of love decreases with time, and the force of passion change directions as the relationship moves from one direction to another. All my friends, be it straight or gay, seems to be undergoing the phase of transition, where the passion of lust is quenched and the quest to know the persona is finally over. It seems that everyone seems to suffer what I call "The Threshold Point". I have seen relationship move into a fruitful, successful higher plane, or shatter into oblivion. And whom do we blame then?

      I came across this nice article about gay marriages in the US. Happy couples talking about support, interracial ceremonies and all... but what I wanted to know is how they would survive the test of time. And as I look around, relationships all around me seems to be undergoing this critical phase - a phase that never seems to come to an end, a phase that poses new challenges, newer dimensions to your life, to your love, to your marriage, to yourself.

      And so I ask myself, when in a relationship, can I be thoroughly open? Can I be compromising? Can I put aside my ego and reach out to understand what is going on in the mind of my beloved ... and I ask myself, will I end up with someone who would care to do the same?

      As relations appear to become more fragile and brittle in the context of the modern world, here we are - talking about same sex union... so lets for once believe that Bush does read the letter and gives in (some gay groups are circulating this wonderful piece of work - a letter to Bush), or Vatican accepts the plea of hundreds, or the partners of hate crime acknowledge that we are just another fellow being - and we have what we want - Acceptance.

      And then what ?

      Try reading "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". Imagine a Mars-Mars or Venus-Venus situation. I read in someone's mail - A man knows how to love a man best, a woman knows how to love a woman best; but a man also brings with him everything that makes him a man which MAY clash with the other man... be it commitment, integrity, honesty, etc etc etc ... Similar for our lesbian friends. In that case, can we - the LGTs of the world - show our straight counterparts that our relation are free from these clashes of egos, faithlessness and monotony, that we have the power to endure them over time.

      No matter what, I wish that all relationship, be it gay or straight, have the power to sustain against all odds, and make every single day of their lives their very own - for each other.

      Rij