My Best Friends Wedding ...

  • ridgeet roy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2005
      Remember Mel Gibson's braveheart? Amidst all the other storylines, it had the story of a prince - the crown prince of England. And the pain of a doomed lover who watched him exchange vows to a princess.

      Many a times I have come across people who have told me about their childhood crushes who have now been happily married. They started as buddies, raging hormones caused them to explore more about life - not just in the neighbourhood, but also in each others bodies. Call it innocense or ignorance or just a phase. How many of you have been close to your best friend, or at least had a crush on him?

      I have been. Always...

      And then there came those days when you had to give him up. A new friend whom I came across during a discussion on one of my articles, shared with me her current dilemna of attending her long time girlfriend's wedding (to a guy). And I asked her, how are you doing? She said, it was easy to break up, its hard to give up.

      Its a general opinion that gays and lesbians have a softer heart. They can love like no other. Then it would just kill them right. Especially if its a guy who has been your closest friend (and on whom you had showered all your affection), come to you one day and tell you about a girl he has a date with, or is in love with. Will one play the matchmaker, keeping aside all his feelings, or the devil?

      But whatever be the case, we have to move on. Because if its not her, then someone else would come in his life. But then, by some strange dictum, life always tests us with such difficult choices. With a hundred tears waiting to flood out, we still manage to smile as the best man.

      And hope that he would be happy.

      Rij