Re: [gaykingdom] New Government

  • datyl1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 11, 2005
      To Jack Blue and Bill Freeman - My hat is off to you guys, in a time that has to be difficult, for your perserverance - I hope for the best for "The Tribe" and want to support your efforts in any way that I can.  I opted for membership last winter, and wanted to participate at that time, but held back to observe because cracks were becoming so visible.  Please keep all of us informed as to progress and direction so that we can help when necessary.

      Dan - Atlanta, Georgia
    • Bearguy217@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 12, 2005
        Hi Bill,
        Thank you for the response to my e-mail. Please forgive my simplistic
        approach. I understand very well the dynamics of what's legal and what's not here in
        the USA. What I still don't understand is this....... being a member of a "Gay
        Tribe", is not going to allow us into court to right wrongs against the US
        government just as
        being a member of the Human Rights Campaign Fund won't allow us that access
        either. Yes, if we were in our own nation such as the Jews that fought so hard
        for the state of Israel to exist and won that right in 1948 then yes we then
        have truly found a place to call home, yes! But what I'm trying to get those
        involved to acknowledge is that it is a CONCEPT!!! That was the real point of
        my original post.
        Look, I live on Long Island in New York, now there are many smaller islands
        that are near Long Island, some so small they are like giant sand bars. I mean
        this in the most respectful way, but what if I swim out to one and say, "I
        claim this island to be GAY ISLAND" , and want to set up a government on it.
        Well, the State of New York would laugh. It would be like the line from the Wizard
        of Oz, "You have no power here, be gone before someone drops a house on you".
        I know you understand exactly what I mean. How in gods name are you going to
        lay claim to land and all of a sudden think it's now the "gay" island? That's
        why I was saying the idea, (and a wonderful one at that) is a CONCEPT. What I
        also wanted to know was, is there any land anywhere in the world that we CAN
        lay claim to. And by the way it IS important to know that.
        Steve
      • Jack Blue
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 14, 2005
          --- datyl1@... wrote:

          > To Jack Blue and Bill Freeman - My hat is off to you
          > guys, in a time that has
          > to be difficult, for your perserverance - I hope for
          > the best for "The Tribe"
          > and want to support your efforts in any way that I
          > can. I opted for
          > membership last winter, and wanted to participate at
          > that time, but held back to
          > observe because cracks were becoming so visible.
          > Please keep all of us informed as
          > to progress and direction so that we can help when
          > necessary.
          >
          > Dan - Atlanta, Georgia

          Thanks, Dan. Your support is much appreciated. We
          definitely will keep all of you informed.

          Jack Blue
          MP

          http://mail.yahoo.com