Re: [gaykingdom] latest Gayzette and secession

  • Jack Blue
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 10, 2005
      --- Philip Thomas <philipraythomas@...> wrote:

      > Jack Blue,
      >
      > Many thanks for your honesty and for explaining the
      > situation. I look forward to helping out and
      > listening.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      >
      > Phil Thomas
      > City of Atlanta

      Thank you, Phil. I am glad to know that it came out
      like I wanted it to. We look forward to your help.

      Jack Blue
      MP

    • datyl1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 11, 2005
        To Jack Blue and Bill Freeman - My hat is off to you guys, in a time that has to be difficult, for your perserverance - I hope for the best for "The Tribe" and want to support your efforts in any way that I can.  I opted for membership last winter, and wanted to participate at that time, but held back to observe because cracks were becoming so visible.  Please keep all of us informed as to progress and direction so that we can help when necessary.

        Dan - Atlanta, Georgia
      • Bearguy217@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 12, 2005
          Hi Bill,
          Thank you for the response to my e-mail. Please forgive my simplistic
          approach. I understand very well the dynamics of what's legal and what's not here in
          the USA. What I still don't understand is this....... being a member of a "Gay
          Tribe", is not going to allow us into court to right wrongs against the US
          government just as
          being a member of the Human Rights Campaign Fund won't allow us that access
          either. Yes, if we were in our own nation such as the Jews that fought so hard
          for the state of Israel to exist and won that right in 1948 then yes we then
          have truly found a place to call home, yes! But what I'm trying to get those
          involved to acknowledge is that it is a CONCEPT!!! That was the real point of
          my original post.
          Look, I live on Long Island in New York, now there are many smaller islands
          that are near Long Island, some so small they are like giant sand bars. I mean
          this in the most respectful way, but what if I swim out to one and say, "I
          claim this island to be GAY ISLAND" , and want to set up a government on it.
          Well, the State of New York would laugh. It would be like the line from the Wizard
          of Oz, "You have no power here, be gone before someone drops a house on you".
          I know you understand exactly what I mean. How in gods name are you going to
          lay claim to land and all of a sudden think it's now the "gay" island? That's
          why I was saying the idea, (and a wonderful one at that) is a CONCEPT. What I
          also wanted to know was, is there any land anywhere in the world that we CAN
          lay claim to. And by the way it IS important to know that.
          Steve
        • Jack Blue
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 14, 2005
            --- datyl1@... wrote:

            > To Jack Blue and Bill Freeman - My hat is off to you
            > guys, in a time that has
            > to be difficult, for your perserverance - I hope for
            > the best for "The Tribe"
            > and want to support your efforts in any way that I
            > can. I opted for
            > membership last winter, and wanted to participate at
            > that time, but held back to
            > observe because cracks were becoming so visible.
            > Please keep all of us informed as
            > to progress and direction so that we can help when
            > necessary.
            >
            > Dan - Atlanta, Georgia

            Thanks, Dan. Your support is much appreciated. We
            definitely will keep all of you informed.

            Jack Blue
            MP

            http://mail.yahoo.com