New Government

  • Jack Blue
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 10, 2005
      --- Bearguy217@... wrote:

      > Dear Jack,
      > First of all let me start by saying that at first I
      > thought The Gay Kingdom
      > was part serious and part camp, sort of half Jon
      > Waters movie, (Desperate
      > Living with Queen Carlotta and half truly serious),
      > I see now that it's all
      > serious. I thought that in part because the pictures
      > of the island made it seem so
      > small that one big wave could have washed over the
      > entire island that making it
      > habitable would have been impossible. So it seemed
      > that the idea was more a
      > concept then a reality. I do think it's wonderful if
      > we could actually have a
      > nation. An actual country where equality reigns. I
      > must say though, infighting
      > reigns and is prevalent within the GLBT community as
      > well. So many people with
      > ego's the size of Texas and that's the LAST type of
      > person that needs to be
      > trying to accomplish a monumental task such as what
      > is laid out before you. I
      > would like to know however, is there any land that
      > you have in mind for this
      > nation or are your plans evolving for a "concept"
      > nation or an actual physical
      > place such as that tiny island? Also is it possible
      > that the pictures of that
      > tiny island were deceiving and that the island is
      > actually a lot larger then the
      > pictures depicted?
      > Sincerely, Steve

      Steve,

      Re: the pictures of the island, it's debatable as to
      it's size, although an atlas does seem to make it look
      really small. There has been some hanky panky going
      on with the pictures that were allegedly taken there.
      Nobody seems to know if they are real or not.

      I don't think we have gotten far enough with this
      reorganization to worry about land yet. It's hard
      enough to make a government that will last.

      I myself believe that we are trying hard to make that
      government happen and I trust the ones who are working
      so hard and long to do it. They seem to be coming up
      with sensible things and to be sensible people and I
      am willing to work with them toward that end.

      "Gay" and "arguing" do seem to go together, don't
      they? I personally get very tired of it, but thee's
      nothing that I can see to do but find people who are
      willing to
      work together peaceably on the same wave length in
      order to make something very important happen.

      Jack Blue
      MP

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jack Blue
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 10, 2005
        --- Philip Thomas <philipraythomas@...> wrote:

        > Jack Blue,
        >
        > Many thanks for your honesty and for explaining the
        > situation. I look forward to helping out and
        > listening.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        >
        > Phil Thomas
        > City of Atlanta

        Thank you, Phil. I am glad to know that it came out
        like I wanted it to. We look forward to your help.

        Jack Blue
        MP

      • datyl1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 11, 2005
          To Jack Blue and Bill Freeman - My hat is off to you guys, in a time that has to be difficult, for your perserverance - I hope for the best for "The Tribe" and want to support your efforts in any way that I can.  I opted for membership last winter, and wanted to participate at that time, but held back to observe because cracks were becoming so visible.  Please keep all of us informed as to progress and direction so that we can help when necessary.

          Dan - Atlanta, Georgia
        • Bearguy217@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 12, 2005
            Hi Bill,
            Thank you for the response to my e-mail. Please forgive my simplistic
            approach. I understand very well the dynamics of what's legal and what's not here in
            the USA. What I still don't understand is this....... being a member of a "Gay
            Tribe", is not going to allow us into court to right wrongs against the US
            government just as
            being a member of the Human Rights Campaign Fund won't allow us that access
            either. Yes, if we were in our own nation such as the Jews that fought so hard
            for the state of Israel to exist and won that right in 1948 then yes we then
            have truly found a place to call home, yes! But what I'm trying to get those
            involved to acknowledge is that it is a CONCEPT!!! That was the real point of
            my original post.
            Look, I live on Long Island in New York, now there are many smaller islands
            that are near Long Island, some so small they are like giant sand bars. I mean
            this in the most respectful way, but what if I swim out to one and say, "I
            claim this island to be GAY ISLAND" , and want to set up a government on it.
            Well, the State of New York would laugh. It would be like the line from the Wizard
            of Oz, "You have no power here, be gone before someone drops a house on you".
            I know you understand exactly what I mean. How in gods name are you going to
            lay claim to land and all of a sudden think it's now the "gay" island? That's
            why I was saying the idea, (and a wonderful one at that) is a CONCEPT. What I
            also wanted to know was, is there any land anywhere in the world that we CAN
            lay claim to. And by the way it IS important to know that.
            Steve
          • Jack Blue
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 14, 2005
              --- datyl1@... wrote:

              > To Jack Blue and Bill Freeman - My hat is off to you
              > guys, in a time that has
              > to be difficult, for your perserverance - I hope for
              > the best for "The Tribe"
              > and want to support your efforts in any way that I
              > can. I opted for
              > membership last winter, and wanted to participate at
              > that time, but held back to
              > observe because cracks were becoming so visible.
              > Please keep all of us informed as
              > to progress and direction so that we can help when
              > necessary.
              >
              > Dan - Atlanta, Georgia

              Thanks, Dan. Your support is much appreciated. We
              definitely will keep all of you informed.

              Jack Blue
              MP

              http://mail.yahoo.com