Re: [gaykingdom] latest Gayzette and secession

  • Philip Thomas
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 9, 2005
      Jack Blue,

      Many thanks for your honesty and for explaining the
      situation. I look forward to helping out and
      listening.

      Sincerely,

      Phil Thomas
      City of Atlanta

    • Bearguy217@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 10, 2005
        Dear Jack,
        First of all let me start by saying that at first I thought The Gay Kingdom
        was part serious and part camp, sort of half Jon Waters movie, (Desperate
        Living with Queen Carlotta and half truly serious), I see now that it's all
        serious. I thought that in part because the pictures of the island made it seem so
        small that one big wave could have washed over the entire island that making it
        habitable would have been impossible. So it seemed that the idea was more a
        concept then a reality. I do think it's wonderful if we could actually have a
        nation. An actual country where equality reigns. I must say though, infighting
        reigns and is prevalent within the GLBT community as well. So many people with
        ego's the size of Texas and that's the LAST type of person that needs to be
        trying to accomplish a monumental task such as what is laid out before you. I
        would like to know however, is there any land that you have in mind for this
        nation or are your plans evolving for a "concept" nation or an actual physical
        place such as that tiny island? Also is it possible that the pictures of that
        tiny island were deceiving and that the island is actually a lot larger then the
        pictures depicted?
        Sincerely, Steve
      • wjf@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 10, 2005
          Hi Steve,

          One of my motivations for seeing this project through is that if people like you and I are members of the Unified Gay Tribe, and we do consider it as our "culture", then if we are fired or mistreated in the terms and conditions of employment within the United States, this gives rise to the right to file a charge for discrimination in employment with the EEOC and to sue that employer for discrimination on the basis of national origin. Being able to sue if you are fired for being gay is an innovation that being a member of the Gay Tribe makes possible.

          On the international front, we'd also planned to use the Kingdom to sue nations that discriminate before the International Court at The Hague. Our goal there was to simply file the suit. Win, lose or draw, some questions are important to ask regardless of the answer you receive. We think the treatment of members of our tribe is just such an issue. Think about the recent hanging of gay youth in the Middle East and you get our point. Iran needs to answer for such human rights violations before an international tribunal.

          September 1 marks a year that I have been working on this project. We are all very saddened regarding the recent changes in our government, but maybe, just maybe, you have helped us discover one silver lining in these changes.

          Thanks for the message, and for helping others understand the work we are carrying on with.

          Cheers,

          -Bill Freeman
          High Court of the Unified Gay Tribe

          > From: Bearguy217@...
          > Date: 2005/09/10 Sat AM 09:04:36 EDT
          > To: gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [gaykingdom] latest Gayzette and secession

        • Jack Blue
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 10, 2005
            --- Bearguy217@... wrote:

            > Dear Jack,
            > First of all let me start by saying that at first I
            > thought The Gay Kingdom
            > was part serious and part camp, sort of half Jon
            > Waters movie, (Desperate
            > Living with Queen Carlotta and half truly serious),
            > I see now that it's all
            > serious. I thought that in part because the pictures
            > of the island made it seem so
            > small that one big wave could have washed over the
            > entire island that making it
            > habitable would have been impossible. So it seemed
            > that the idea was more a
            > concept then a reality. I do think it's wonderful if
            > we could actually have a
            > nation. An actual country where equality reigns. I
            > must say though, infighting
            > reigns and is prevalent within the GLBT community as
            > well. So many people with
            > ego's the size of Texas and that's the LAST type of
            > person that needs to be
            > trying to accomplish a monumental task such as what
            > is laid out before you. I
            > would like to know however, is there any land that
            > you have in mind for this
            > nation or are your plans evolving for a "concept"
            > nation or an actual physical
            > place such as that tiny island? Also is it possible
            > that the pictures of that
            > tiny island were deceiving and that the island is
            > actually a lot larger then the
            > pictures depicted?
            > Sincerely, Steve

            Steve,

            Re: the pictures of the island, it's debatable as to
            it's size, although an atlas does seem to make it look
            really small. There has been some hanky panky going
            on with the pictures that were allegedly taken there.
            Nobody seems to know if they are real or not.

            I don't think we have gotten far enough with this
            reorganization to worry about land yet. It's hard
            enough to make a government that will last.

            I myself believe that we are trying hard to make that
            government happen and I trust the ones who are working
            so hard and long to do it. They seem to be coming up
            with sensible things and to be sensible people and I
            am willing to work with them toward that end.

            "Gay" and "arguing" do seem to go together, don't
            they? I personally get very tired of it, but thee's
            nothing that I can see to do but find people who are
            willing to
            work together peaceably on the same wave length in
            order to make something very important happen.

            Jack Blue
            MP

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Jack Blue
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 10, 2005
              --- Philip Thomas <philipraythomas@...> wrote:

              > Jack Blue,
              >
              > Many thanks for your honesty and for explaining the
              > situation. I look forward to helping out and
              > listening.
              >
              > Sincerely,
              >
              > Phil Thomas
              > City of Atlanta

              Thank you, Phil. I am glad to know that it came out
              like I wanted it to. We look forward to your help.

              Jack Blue
              MP

            • datyl1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 11, 2005
                To Jack Blue and Bill Freeman - My hat is off to you guys, in a time that has to be difficult, for your perserverance - I hope for the best for "The Tribe" and want to support your efforts in any way that I can.  I opted for membership last winter, and wanted to participate at that time, but held back to observe because cracks were becoming so visible.  Please keep all of us informed as to progress and direction so that we can help when necessary.

                Dan - Atlanta, Georgia
              • Bearguy217@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 12, 2005
                  Hi Bill,
                  Thank you for the response to my e-mail. Please forgive my simplistic
                  approach. I understand very well the dynamics of what's legal and what's not here in
                  the USA. What I still don't understand is this....... being a member of a "Gay
                  Tribe", is not going to allow us into court to right wrongs against the US
                  government just as
                  being a member of the Human Rights Campaign Fund won't allow us that access
                  either. Yes, if we were in our own nation such as the Jews that fought so hard
                  for the state of Israel to exist and won that right in 1948 then yes we then
                  have truly found a place to call home, yes! But what I'm trying to get those
                  involved to acknowledge is that it is a CONCEPT!!! That was the real point of
                  my original post.
                  Look, I live on Long Island in New York, now there are many smaller islands
                  that are near Long Island, some so small they are like giant sand bars. I mean
                  this in the most respectful way, but what if I swim out to one and say, "I
                  claim this island to be GAY ISLAND" , and want to set up a government on it.
                  Well, the State of New York would laugh. It would be like the line from the Wizard
                  of Oz, "You have no power here, be gone before someone drops a house on you".
                  I know you understand exactly what I mean. How in gods name are you going to
                  lay claim to land and all of a sudden think it's now the "gay" island? That's
                  why I was saying the idea, (and a wonderful one at that) is a CONCEPT. What I
                  also wanted to know was, is there any land anywhere in the world that we CAN
                  lay claim to. And by the way it IS important to know that.
                  Steve
                • Jack Blue
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 14, 2005
                    --- datyl1@... wrote:

                    > To Jack Blue and Bill Freeman - My hat is off to you
                    > guys, in a time that has
                    > to be difficult, for your perserverance - I hope for
                    > the best for "The Tribe"
                    > and want to support your efforts in any way that I
                    > can. I opted for
                    > membership last winter, and wanted to participate at
                    > that time, but held back to
                    > observe because cracks were becoming so visible.
                    > Please keep all of us informed as
                    > to progress and direction so that we can help when
                    > necessary.
                    >
                    > Dan - Atlanta, Georgia

                    Thanks, Dan. Your support is much appreciated. We
                    definitely will keep all of you informed.

                    Jack Blue
                    MP

                    http://mail.yahoo.com