latest Gayzette and secession

  • Jack Blue
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 9, 2005
      It is my intention in this email to decode the
      necessarily somewhat dense wording in the latest
      Gayzette.

      Simply put, most of the government is seceeding from
      the GLK to form the United Gay Tribe, based in the
      U.S. Enrique and Bill, some of the Privy Council and
      what's left of Parliament has seceeded from Dale's GLK
      government and we are forming the United Gay Tribe,
      based in the U.S. This is not exclusive to Americans,
      just not based in Austrailia anymore. Dale has
      apparently formed a Kingdom of the Coral Sea kingdom.

      We have no tie to that government.

      Dale has proven himself unfit and unreliable to head a
      government. He is not honest and cannot be depended
      upon to obey even his own rules and regulations. He
      has made statements that cannot be proven and do not
      seem to be true. We want to form a government that is
      trustworthy and solid. Our goal is to continue to
      make a gay nation that is recognized among other
      nations as being "real". I don't know if that will
      ever happen, but those of us who have seceeded from
      the GLK are working very hard and long to make it
      happen.

      Enrique amd Bill, along with some Privy Council member
      and the Members of Parliament who are left are working
      together in the United Gay Tribe to make progress in
      the direction we started in. We are committed to
      making a gay nation by and for the gay people of the
      world; we need each other badly, particularly in the
      US where the political climate is going Far Right
      faster and faster.
      There is more trouble ahead and we need to stick
      together to weather the storms that are comiing. A
      few days ago the legislature in California voted to
      allow gay marriage state wide and it was vetoed by the
      governor. Big surprise. *sigh*

      I am committed to continuing the struggle and know
      that we need each and every one of you to support and
      help your government in this endeavor. Please do read
      the latest Gayzette. There are many things in there
      that are understandable that I don't think I can put
      any better.

      Here are the main points:
      Dale Parker Anderson has proven himself to be
      unreliable, less than honest and unfit to run a
      government.

      We believe that by working together and paying
      attention to the rule of our own laws we can build a
      natiion that will last.

      Any one of you can ask questions and they will be
      answered to the best of our ability. Your questions
      and concerns are very important in forming your own
      government. Your opinions are equally valuable.

      Jack Blue
      Member of Parliament

    • Philip Thomas
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 9, 2005
        Jack Blue,

        Many thanks for your honesty and for explaining the
        situation. I look forward to helping out and
        listening.

        Sincerely,

        Phil Thomas
        City of Atlanta

      • Bearguy217@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 10, 2005
          Dear Jack,
          First of all let me start by saying that at first I thought The Gay Kingdom
          was part serious and part camp, sort of half Jon Waters movie, (Desperate
          Living with Queen Carlotta and half truly serious), I see now that it's all
          serious. I thought that in part because the pictures of the island made it seem so
          small that one big wave could have washed over the entire island that making it
          habitable would have been impossible. So it seemed that the idea was more a
          concept then a reality. I do think it's wonderful if we could actually have a
          nation. An actual country where equality reigns. I must say though, infighting
          reigns and is prevalent within the GLBT community as well. So many people with
          ego's the size of Texas and that's the LAST type of person that needs to be
          trying to accomplish a monumental task such as what is laid out before you. I
          would like to know however, is there any land that you have in mind for this
          nation or are your plans evolving for a "concept" nation or an actual physical
          place such as that tiny island? Also is it possible that the pictures of that
          tiny island were deceiving and that the island is actually a lot larger then the
          pictures depicted?
          Sincerely, Steve
        • wjf@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 10, 2005
            Hi Steve,

            One of my motivations for seeing this project through is that if people like you and I are members of the Unified Gay Tribe, and we do consider it as our "culture", then if we are fired or mistreated in the terms and conditions of employment within the United States, this gives rise to the right to file a charge for discrimination in employment with the EEOC and to sue that employer for discrimination on the basis of national origin. Being able to sue if you are fired for being gay is an innovation that being a member of the Gay Tribe makes possible.

            On the international front, we'd also planned to use the Kingdom to sue nations that discriminate before the International Court at The Hague. Our goal there was to simply file the suit. Win, lose or draw, some questions are important to ask regardless of the answer you receive. We think the treatment of members of our tribe is just such an issue. Think about the recent hanging of gay youth in the Middle East and you get our point. Iran needs to answer for such human rights violations before an international tribunal.

            September 1 marks a year that I have been working on this project. We are all very saddened regarding the recent changes in our government, but maybe, just maybe, you have helped us discover one silver lining in these changes.

            Thanks for the message, and for helping others understand the work we are carrying on with.

            Cheers,

            -Bill Freeman
            High Court of the Unified Gay Tribe

            > From: Bearguy217@...
            > Date: 2005/09/10 Sat AM 09:04:36 EDT
            > To: gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [gaykingdom] latest Gayzette and secession

          • Jack Blue
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 10, 2005
              --- Bearguy217@... wrote:

              > Dear Jack,
              > First of all let me start by saying that at first I
              > thought The Gay Kingdom
              > was part serious and part camp, sort of half Jon
              > Waters movie, (Desperate
              > Living with Queen Carlotta and half truly serious),
              > I see now that it's all
              > serious. I thought that in part because the pictures
              > of the island made it seem so
              > small that one big wave could have washed over the
              > entire island that making it
              > habitable would have been impossible. So it seemed
              > that the idea was more a
              > concept then a reality. I do think it's wonderful if
              > we could actually have a
              > nation. An actual country where equality reigns. I
              > must say though, infighting
              > reigns and is prevalent within the GLBT community as
              > well. So many people with
              > ego's the size of Texas and that's the LAST type of
              > person that needs to be
              > trying to accomplish a monumental task such as what
              > is laid out before you. I
              > would like to know however, is there any land that
              > you have in mind for this
              > nation or are your plans evolving for a "concept"
              > nation or an actual physical
              > place such as that tiny island? Also is it possible
              > that the pictures of that
              > tiny island were deceiving and that the island is
              > actually a lot larger then the
              > pictures depicted?
              > Sincerely, Steve

              Steve,

              Re: the pictures of the island, it's debatable as to
              it's size, although an atlas does seem to make it look
              really small. There has been some hanky panky going
              on with the pictures that were allegedly taken there.
              Nobody seems to know if they are real or not.

              I don't think we have gotten far enough with this
              reorganization to worry about land yet. It's hard
              enough to make a government that will last.

              I myself believe that we are trying hard to make that
              government happen and I trust the ones who are working
              so hard and long to do it. They seem to be coming up
              with sensible things and to be sensible people and I
              am willing to work with them toward that end.

              "Gay" and "arguing" do seem to go together, don't
              they? I personally get very tired of it, but thee's
              nothing that I can see to do but find people who are
              willing to
              work together peaceably on the same wave length in
              order to make something very important happen.

              Jack Blue
              MP

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Jack Blue
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 10, 2005
                --- Philip Thomas <philipraythomas@...> wrote:

                > Jack Blue,
                >
                > Many thanks for your honesty and for explaining the
                > situation. I look forward to helping out and
                > listening.
                >
                > Sincerely,
                >
                > Phil Thomas
                > City of Atlanta

                Thank you, Phil. I am glad to know that it came out
                like I wanted it to. We look forward to your help.

                Jack Blue
                MP

              • datyl1@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 11, 2005
                  To Jack Blue and Bill Freeman - My hat is off to you guys, in a time that has to be difficult, for your perserverance - I hope for the best for "The Tribe" and want to support your efforts in any way that I can.  I opted for membership last winter, and wanted to participate at that time, but held back to observe because cracks were becoming so visible.  Please keep all of us informed as to progress and direction so that we can help when necessary.

                  Dan - Atlanta, Georgia
                • Bearguy217@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 12, 2005
                    Hi Bill,
                    Thank you for the response to my e-mail. Please forgive my simplistic
                    approach. I understand very well the dynamics of what's legal and what's not here in
                    the USA. What I still don't understand is this....... being a member of a "Gay
                    Tribe", is not going to allow us into court to right wrongs against the US
                    government just as
                    being a member of the Human Rights Campaign Fund won't allow us that access
                    either. Yes, if we were in our own nation such as the Jews that fought so hard
                    for the state of Israel to exist and won that right in 1948 then yes we then
                    have truly found a place to call home, yes! But what I'm trying to get those
                    involved to acknowledge is that it is a CONCEPT!!! That was the real point of
                    my original post.
                    Look, I live on Long Island in New York, now there are many smaller islands
                    that are near Long Island, some so small they are like giant sand bars. I mean
                    this in the most respectful way, but what if I swim out to one and say, "I
                    claim this island to be GAY ISLAND" , and want to set up a government on it.
                    Well, the State of New York would laugh. It would be like the line from the Wizard
                    of Oz, "You have no power here, be gone before someone drops a house on you".
                    I know you understand exactly what I mean. How in gods name are you going to
                    lay claim to land and all of a sudden think it's now the "gay" island? That's
                    why I was saying the idea, (and a wonderful one at that) is a CONCEPT. What I
                    also wanted to know was, is there any land anywhere in the world that we CAN
                    lay claim to. And by the way it IS important to know that.
                    Steve
                  • Jack Blue
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 14, 2005
                      --- datyl1@... wrote:

                      > To Jack Blue and Bill Freeman - My hat is off to you
                      > guys, in a time that has
                      > to be difficult, for your perserverance - I hope for
                      > the best for "The Tribe"
                      > and want to support your efforts in any way that I
                      > can. I opted for
                      > membership last winter, and wanted to participate at
                      > that time, but held back to
                      > observe because cracks were becoming so visible.
                      > Please keep all of us informed as
                      > to progress and direction so that we can help when
                      > necessary.
                      >
                      > Dan - Atlanta, Georgia

                      Thanks, Dan. Your support is much appreciated. We
                      definitely will keep all of you informed.

                      Jack Blue
                      MP

                      http://mail.yahoo.com