Preliminary Response to Dale's Proclamation

  • Enrique J Pérez
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 9, 2005
      Dale Parker Anderson wrote:

      >PROCLAMATION
      >By His Majesty, Dale,
      >Sovereign of the Gay & Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands.
      >

      >In accordance with the Constitution I hereby determine your
      >appointment as Ministers of my government and as my advisers. It
      >follows that I also hereby determine the appointments of all the
      >members of the Government.
      >
      >I have given careful consideration to the constitutional crisis and
      >have made some decisions which I wish to explain.
      >
      >It has been necessary for me to find a constitutional solution to
      >the current crisis over the deadlock which developed over supply
      >between the Crown and the Privy Council. The only solution
      >consistent with the constitution and with my office and my
      >responsibilities, authority and duty as Sovereign is to terminate
      >the commission of the current government and council and I have
      >arranged for a caretaker government based here in Australia that is
      >able to secure supply.
      >
      >Because of the nature of our Constitution and because of its
      >provisions the Privy Council undoubtedly has constitutional power to
      >refuse or defer supply to the Government or the Crown. Because of
      >the principles of responsible government a Privy Council or
      >Government that cannot obtain supply, including money for carrying
      >on the ordinary services of government, must resign.
      >
      >My constitutional authority and duty require me to do what I have
      >now done - to withdraw the commission of the current government and
      >the current Privy Council - and to invite local members here in
      >Australia to form a caretaker government.
      >
      >It is important that if the GLK is to work and to be respected
      >internationally, things such as the operating of a local bank
      >account for financing infrastructure ect are not dictated to by
      >people living on the other side of the world. It is also important
      >to remember that no matter how much educated bureaucratic bullshit
      >is fed to us at the end of the day unless you roll up your sleeves
      >and put your head down and make decisions things will never happen,
      >nothing will ever get done.
      >
      >It is with a great deal of regret that I have taken this step both
      >in respect of yourselves and your colleagues.
      >

      >Yours sincerely,
      >Dale R

      Fellow Citizens,

      I wish to officially reassure everyone that your government as a whole,
      and the Parliament in particular, is still in tact despite what this
      proclamation states and implies.

      It is my educated opinion that within a Constitutional Monarchy such as
      ours, the Crown or its King cannot unilaterally dismiss Parliament or
      the government as a whole. I have called for an emergency session of
      Parliament to address this proclamation and its possible implications in
      order to formulate an official response. Once our formal response has
      been delivered to HIM Dale, it will be posted in this forum.

      Your patience and support during these difficult times is greatly
      appreciated.

      Sincerely,

      Enrique Pérez
      Prime Minister
      Gay & Lesbian Kingdom
    • craig warren
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 10, 2005
        ok, i may not know a lot about goverment (zip to tell the truth) but either someones made a right cock up (no pun intended) or this is an internet civil war waiting to happen.

        Please can you tell us what on earth is going on without going into "educated bureaucratic bullshit" terms (i just loved that bit lol)

        regards

        p.s i'm not having a go at anyone, i'm just hoping this is good for the kingdom as i'm a big supporter of it

      • Shannon

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 13, 2005
            --- Enrique J Pérez <ejp13@...> wrote:

            > Fellow Citizens,
            >
            > I wish to officially reassure everyone that your
            > government as a whole,
            > and the Parliament in particular, is still in tact
            > despite what this
            > proclamation states and implies.
            >
            > It is my educated opinion that within a
            > Constitutional Monarchy such as
            > ours, the Crown or its King cannot unilaterally
            > dismiss Parliament or
            > the government as a whole. I have called for an
            > emergency session of
            > Parliament to address this proclamation and its
            > possible implications in
            > order to formulate an official response. Once our
            > formal response has
            > been delivered to HIM Dale, it will be posted in
            > this forum.
            >
            > Your patience and support during these difficult
            > times is greatly
            > appreciated.
            >
            > Sincerely,
            >

            > Enrique Pérez
            > Prime Minister
            > Gay & Lesbian Kingdom

            I'm still here, Enrique, and will do my best to be
            supportive and helpful where I can. I understand part
            of it, although it is still confusing. What a mess!

            Jack MP

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • poluskijim
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 14, 2005
              --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, Jack Blue <marthyjane1880@y...>
              wrote:

              > --- Enrique J Pérez <ejp13@i...> wrote:
              >

              > > Fellow Citizens,
              > >
              > > I wish to officially reassure everyone that your
              > > government as a whole,
              > > and the Parliament in particular, is still in tact
              > > despite what this
              > > proclamation states and implies.
              > >
              > > It is my educated opinion that within a
              > > Constitutional Monarchy such as
              > > ours, the Crown or its King cannot unilaterally
              > > dismiss Parliament or
              > > the government as a whole. I have called for an
              > > emergency session of
              > > Parliament to address this proclamation and its
              > > possible implications in
              > > order to formulate an official response. Once our
              > > formal response has
              > > been delivered to HIM Dale, it will be posted in
              > > this forum.
              > >
              > > Your patience and support during these difficult
              > > times is greatly
              > > appreciated.
              > >
              > > Sincerely,
              > >

              > > Enrique Pérez
              > > Prime Minister
              > > Gay & Lesbian Kingdom
              > >

              > I'm still here, Enrique, and will do my best to be
              > supportive and helpful where I can. I understand part
              > of it, although it is still confusing. What a mess!
              >
              > Jack MP

              Very confusing situation! How many members of Parliament are still
              with us? Has the emergency session happened yet? Is this the end?
              Inquiring minds want to know.

              Jimmy

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 15, 2005
                 I am still here as well!

                Jase, MP

                This e-mail communication, including all attachments, may contain private, proprietary, privileged and/or confidential information and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorized use, copying or distribution of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, and have received it in error, please delete it and notify the sender immediately.