To the Citizens of the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands,

  • Fremont BridgeMan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2005
      To the Citizens of the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea
      Islands, and members of this Yahoo Group

      Let it be known to all, that I, Joseph W. Grande, on Saturday July 16
      at 3:45pm, (U.S. West Coast Time) was removed as a member of the
      Privy Council by HIM Dale, Sovereign of the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom
      of the Coral Sea Islands. On Wednesday July 20, I affirmed my
      intended to no longer be a member of the government of the Gay and
      Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands, and made my wishes known to
      Mr. Enrique Perez, President of the Parliament and Prime Minister of
      the Kingdom.

      The reason for my dismissal and resignation has nothing to do with
      a "with a fragile ego or little turf wars", rather it is due
      to the
      Sovereign's refusal; to accept the advise of the Privy Council
      and
      actions by the Sovereign that was directly against the advise of the
      Privy Council. HIM Dale stated, when he dismissed me, that he did
      not have, "any comfort, nor confidence in the Privy Council or
      indeed
      the Gay Government.

      I wish HIM Dale God Speed and the best of luck in his endeavor. I
      hereby also remove myself as a moderator of this Yahoo! group.

      Joseph W. Grande
      Seattle
    • So Lo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2005
        So many hopes and dreams... bashings and recoveries...  murders and survivals...  lives and deaths...  so many people wasted so much time on a HUGE operation that was coordinated and maintained by individuals who couldn't "step up" for the greater good.  The cause that really matters.  That which is bigger than any of us, whom hold the same magnitude of significance, as does an ant.  Yes, Dale.  Thank you too.  Thanks for your collective vision, your wit, imagination, overall clever, clever plan that, in theory, could have worked.  You gave it your best shot.  It just wasn't meant to be.  Oh well, not too, too many of us got our hopes up, right?  Thanks again.

        Correction... I take all the appreciation back.
        Thanks for nothing.

        So...  anyone want to start a new church with me?  [sing-songy voice] I'll even set up the Groups Page!!!

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 23, 2005

          To the Citizens of the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands, the Parliament, Privy Council, HIM, and members of this Yahoo Group... my dear friends,

          I, Jason P. Ruel, following this announcement on July 23, 2005 at 19:00:00 GMT -6, do hereby resign from my position as Parliamentarian/Secretary of Parliament, and my position as a Member of Parliament. I do this with a heavy heart. My health has been progressively worsening over the last year to the point where I have been hospitalized many times. That, coupled with problems in my community as well as the fact that my schoolwork to complete my degree is taking up too much of my time, and thusly I have not been able to perform to the best of my abilities and with the need of the Kingdom at heart. The GLK has taken a far back burner in my life, and I feel that someone with the appropriate amount of time to be able to give the Kingdom should be in my place. Thus is why I am doing this with a heavy heart.

          There is no other reason as to why i am resigning my positions other than the ones I have listed. I have no hard feelings with any member of the PC, The MP, HIM or any other representatives. I am not giving up my citizenship, but merely my official capacities in the government itself. I feel I have not been serving the government and ultimately the citizens wholly and faithfully by my prolonged absences. Please forgive me for loosing site of your needs and the needs of our government. I will remain in the forums and as a citizen, with he hopes that once my health is finally back in order and my life is at a steady pace, to regain a position with the government that I feel strongly about.

          While we may doubt some of the efforts of our sovereign and the representatives, don't doubt the dream and goal of our cause. We have been fighting strong and will continue to fight for what we believe is necessary.. our recognition as human beings and equal to all people of the world.

          I thank you for allowing me to serve you for the time I have, and for understanding why I have to do this now. The people desire someone who has better health and control of their lives at the moment to lead the people, for I cannot commit the proper amount needed.

          G-d save HIM, The Parliament, and the Citizens of the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands!

          Thank you once again,

          Humbly,

          Jason P. Ruel, MP, Parliamentarian/Secretary Of Parliament
        • Donald Kirby
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 23, 2005
            While not yet a citizen , I plan to be shortly. It is
            with saddness I read this message. It is always a
            sorrow to hear of a Fellow member of the Tribe in poor
            health. My prayers and wishes with him. DK

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs