Yahoo snooping

  • berto
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
      Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons"
      to track Yahoo Group users around the net and see what you're doing
      and where you are going similar to cookies. Yahoo is recording every
      website
      and every group you visit.

      Take a look at their updated privacy statement:
      http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy

      About half-way down the page, in the section on
      cookies, you will see a link that says web beacons. Click on the
      phrase web beacons. That will bring you to a paragraph entitled
      "Outside the Yahoo Network." In this section you'll see a
      little "click here to opt out" link that will let you "opt-out" of
      their new method of snooping.

      Once you have clicked that link, you are exempted.
      Notice the "Success" message on the top of the next page.

      Be careful because on that page there is a "Cancel
      Opt-out" button that, if clicked, will *undo* the opt-out.
    • Chris Taylor