LAUGHTER

  • alwooten411
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2005
      On Picking Fruit - Q and A Interview
      (A fictitious but informative, if not amusing interview)

      Mr. Question: So, what makes you an expert on gay dating?
      Arthur Wooten: I'm gay and...I date?
      MQ: But On Picking Fruit is fiction, correct?
      AW: Of course. Every single name has been changed to convict the guilty.
      MQ: I actually read your novel...
      AW: Why, thank you.
      MQ: ...And found myself laughing out loud. Does one have to be gay to relate to it?
      AW: Are you gay?
      MQ: Ah...ah...no! No! I don't think...No, I'm not gay!
      AW: Okay. Well, you answered your own question. Many straight people have
      commented that the story, in particular the dates, are universal. Everyone enjoys On
      Picking Fruit.
      MQ: What makes it different from the other humorous gay books out there?
      AW: It's funny? What's not out there is a hilarious, sexy, heartbreaking story with a lead
      character that's hot and middle-aged.
      MQ: And who happens to be HIV positive. I like the way you handled it in the storyline.
      AW: I wanted to portray a real man dealing with a very important issue. But it's so
      integrated into his life that it's not a main storyline. He's living with it, as are many of
      thousands of people and he's still thriving.
      MQ: Many times while reading it I found myself overwhelmed with sidesplitting laughter
      and then you'd pull an emotional punch out of nowhere and...I'm crying. Then, you'd turn
      a corner and I'm laughing, again. How did you orchestrate such a challenging feat?
      AW: Pure luck. (laughter) Honestly? Hard work.
      MQ: Why should media people interview you for their columns, radio or television
      programs?
      AW: Blackmail?
      MQ: Seriously.
      AW: Bribery!
      MQ: I'll accept that. And you smell good, too.
      AW: You sure you're not gay?
      MQ: Ah...um...I hear you're in the middle of writing the sequel to On Picking Fruit. How
      is that going?
      AW: Terrific! But in regard to research, I have to move out of town.
      MQ: And why is that?
      AW: I've dated everyone in NYC?

      Check out Arthur Wooten's hysterical new novel, On Picking Fruit. Amazon.com's
      bestseller in gay humorous fiction.

      http://onpickingfruit.com/
      Just $12.95
      To order online through Amazon.com

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0595346073/qid=1115769436/sr=8
      -1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-8840349-6951028?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

      To order by phone: 1-800-AUTHORS