RE: [gaykingdom] FW: Pro-Homosexual Groups Escalate Attacks on Christians

  • John Sharp
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2005

      It goes to show that Majority and democracy =DICTATORSHIP

      Best Regards
      John Sharp Apromen Co Ltd
      6A CS Apartment 239 Soi Asok, Sukhumvit Soi 21.
      10110 Bangkok ,Thailand.
      Mobile in Thailand + 66 65 63 8100

      >From: "William J. Freeman" <wjf@...>
      >To: <gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [gaykingdom] FW: Pro-Homosexual Groups Escalate Attacks on Christians
      >Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:38:09 -0500
      >
      >FYI: When you call a bigot a bigot, they don't care for it. No one ever
      >said good Christians couldn't be good bigots too.

      Family Research Council
      > <http://www.frc.org/img/PF/shim.gif>
      >Please
      ><http://www.frc.org/popup.cfm?load=file&f=SHARE&pad=0&ur1=/get.cfm&ur2=?i=WU
      >05F09> forward this to your Friends and Family! | June 13, 2005
      >
      > <http://www.frc.org/img/PF/shim.gif>
      > <http://www.frc.org/index.cfm?f=WU05F09&t=e>
      > <http://www.frc.org/img/PF/shim.gif>
      >Pro-Homosexual Groups Escalate Attacks on Christians
      >
      > <http://www.frc.org/img/item/WA05F36_NORMAL.jpg>
      >
      >When FRC accused Senate Democrats who were obstructing President Bush's
      >judicial nominees of a "filibuster against people of faith," liberals
      >hastened to either deny or obscure the fact that conservative Christians
      >were being specifically targeted. But now, an escalation of
      hysterical
      >rhetoric and threats on the part of pro-homosexual groups is making even
      >clearer that their intention is not just to defeat, but to silence, people
      >with traditional values--even though they admit that a majority of Americans
      >share our views. In Canada, a leading advocate of same-sex "marriage" is
      >warning that fears of retribution against churches that believe in natural
      >marriage between a man and a woman are well-placed. Kevin Bourassa, one of
      >the first people in Canada to "marry" a same-sex partner, wants churches
      >that oppose the redefinition of marriage to be punished with the loss of
      >their tax exemption. "If you are collecting taxpayers' money, you should be
      >following taxpayers' laws," Bourassa declared. "We have a problem with the
      >Canadian government funding that bigotry." (Bourassa seems to
      believe that
      >charitable donations to churches actually belong to the government, but
      >that's another issue).
      >
      >Meanwhile, in the U.S., the Southern Poverty Law Center, an organization
      >historically devoted to fighting racial discrimination, has decided to brand
      >the entire pro-family movement as "hate groups" and "extremists," like the
      >Ku Klux Klan. Yet it seems odd to apply the label "extremist" to a majority
      >of Americans, since their lengthy article (titled "Holy War") admits that in
      >2003 "opposition to gay marriage had climbed from 53 to 59%" and that a
      >"majority of Americans, 55%, now characterized gay sex as a sin." Be assured
      >that the Family Research Council will continue to stand, with a majority of
      >Americans, where we have always stood--against violence toward homosexuals,
      >but also against
      celebrating a behavior that is harmful to those who engage
      >in it and to society as a whole.
      >

      >Additional Resources
      >Same-Sex <http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=PD05B01&f=WU05F09&t=e> "Marriage" Is
      >Not a Civil Right
      >The <http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS01B1&f=WU05F09&t=e> Negative Health
      >Effects of Homosexuality
      >
      >States Continue the Defense of Marriage
      >
      > <http://www.frc.org/img/item/WA05F37_NORMAL.jpg>
      >
      >The arrival of summer coincides with the conclusion of legislative business
      >within many state capitals. With little more than a dozen state legislatures
      >still conducting business, the defense of marriage has continued to spread
      >across the nation. Taking the lead from Kansas voters, five additional
      >states (Alabama, South Carolina, South
      Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas) have

      wjf@...