Re: [gaykingdom] GLK Gayzette

  • On Picking Fruit
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2005
      I'm new to all of this ... so.... is there already
      established a hotel or resort - that one could visit?

      --- GLK Gayzette <glkgayzette@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > misgivings and criticism is past. The Gay
      >
      > Kingdom that is to be should have a splendid destiny
      > before it. Remember that the
      >
      > traditions of this Kingdom will be the traditions of
      > Gay and Lesbian People. Let us hope
      >
      > that they will be traditions of freedom, peace,
      > honour, prosperity, and fun.
      >

      > It is always easy to sneer and criticize, but now
      > that a start has been made, it is the duty
      >
      > of all patriotic Gay & Lesbian people to do what
      > lies in their power to make this gay
      >
      > nation a worthy Kingdom. That here in the Coral Sea
      > a country may arise where those
      >
      > responsible for the well being of gay and lesbian
      > people in the future may seek and find
      >
      > inspiration in its noble buildings, its shaded parts
      > and sheltered gardens – a kingdom
      >
      > bearing perhaps some resemblance to the gay kingdom
      > of our dreams.
      >

      > I would like to personally thank sincerely my
      > trusted Privy Council or as I call them my
      >
      > three musketeers. Jon, Joe and Bill who have at all
      > times shown great loyalty and who
      >
      > have been by my side, held my hand, and guided me
      > through some very difficult times. I
      >
      > would also like to thank the Prime Minister Enrique
      > and Deputy Prime Minister Louis
      >
      > and all members of the Parliament who have brought
      > dignity and stability to the gay
      >
      > government; I thank them for taking the time out of
      > their very busy schedule and for
      >
      > their knowledge and individual expertise in moving
      > the kingdom forward.
      >

      > Since Independence one year ago today, we have
      > achieved the following;
      >

      > Independence & formal secession from Australia
      > Appointment of a Chief Justice and Privy Council
      > to advise the crown
      > Formal secession papers lodged with the Governor
      > General, the Prime Minister
      >
      > and the Government of Australia
      >
      > Establishment and construction of a gay plaque on
      > Cato securing gay and
      >
      > lesbian sovereignty over the Coral Sea Islands
      >
      > Adoption of a Gay Constitution for the governance
      > of the Kingdom
      > Adoption of a national flag & national anthem
      > Adoption of citizenship & passports
      > Election of an international gay government to
      > administer the Kingdom made up
      >
      > of members from three continents of the world,
      > Australia, North America &
      >
      > Europe
      >
      > Resumption and control of our own postal service
      > and the design of our first
      >
      > stamps due for printing this year
      >
      > Arrangement and feasibility of a regular air
      > service to the Gay Capital of Heaven
      >
      > on Cato Island and the recording of this event
      > on DVD/video.
      >
      > Formal lodging of documents regarding GLK
      > independence with both the
      >
      > International Court of Justice in Europe and
      > with the United Nations in New York
      >
      > Planting 14 coconut trees and 500,000 Beach-She
      > Oak seeds in the Gay Capital
      >
      > Heaven to provide much needed shade.
      >
      > Commenced a feasibility study for establishment

      === message truncated ===

      Arthur Wooten
      Don't forget to check out the novel On Picking Fruit:
      http://www.onpickingfruit.com/
      You'll never look at fruit the same way again!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • John "Taylor" Yezeguielian
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2005
        No, Arthur. Sorry to say that, thusfar, the Kingdom is an idea, with the beginnings of token action.  I'm not sure what the deal is with the issuance of postage, or how that works in practice, but the plaque, visit to the island, etc. are ineffective so long as Australia and the International aspects don't take it seriously.

        Consider the history of Hawaii.  About 100 years ago, the U.S. plotted and acted, took that sovereign nation by military force, extracting an agreement from the legitmate Princess/Queen by threatening the lives of a handful of her people.  Today, we're still occupying Iraq, and Israel is still occupying Palestine.   All of these countries were solidly established long ago.  What chance do we have against Australia, unless she sees some advantage in granting sovereign right and control of the region?

        The angle simply must be found, if this is to succeed, which will make it adventageous to Australia to part with the land.  It's adjacent to the most commercially valuable barrier reef in the world.  They're not just going to hand it over because it's the right thing to do.

        Even if they did, we'd still have the task of defending it from every homophobic jerk who decided to come give us what-for.  If Fred Phelps takes this seriously, he'll be on his way pronto.  (If that happens, do I get to claim I'm a lesbian so I can kick his ass as he so richly deserves?)  Seriously, this sounds good at the outside, but... scouring satellite images for an unclaimed island or shallows might be more fruitful (pardon the pun.)

        JT

        Protect The Ocean
        "In protecting the ocean, we bring life to ourselves"
        http://ProtectTheOcean.com