GLK Gayzette

  • GLK Gayzette
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2005

      GLK Gayzette

      Official publication of the Government of the Gay & Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral

      Sea Islands

      Volume 2, Number 18;      June 14 2005

      www.gaykingdom.org

      The Gay Government of the Coral Sea Islands Gayzette of June 14, 2005

      [Administrative Arrangement Order]

      The Gay Kingdom

      Administrative Arrangements

      Ordered By the Grace of God and His Imperial Majesty the Gay Sovereign.

      I, Dale Emperor Reigning of the Gay & Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands,

      acting with advice of the Gay Parliament, hereby approve the following administrative

      arrangements to take effect on and from 14 June 2005 in substitution for the

      arrangements in operation immediately before the date of this order.

      GIVEN under my hand and with

      the Great Seal of the Gay Kingdom

      on 14 June, 2005.

      Dale R

      HIM, Emperor

      By his Majesty’s Command

      Bill Freeman

      Chief Justice

      ***********************************

      Independence Day Message

      On June 14, the Gay & Lesbian Kingdom will celebrate its first birthday; I would like to

      take this opportunity to reflect on the past year and what has been achieved and outline

      what we have planned for the future.

      Today our nation turns one, the time for doubt, misgivings and criticism is past. The Gay

      Kingdom that is to be should have a splendid destiny before it. Remember that the

      traditions of this Kingdom will be the traditions of Gay and Lesbian People. Let us hope

      that they will be traditions of freedom, peace, honour, prosperity, and fun.

      It is always easy to sneer and criticize, but now that a start has been made, it is the duty

      of all patriotic Gay & Lesbian people to do what lies in their power to make this gay

      nation a worthy Kingdom. That here in the Coral Sea a country may arise where those

      responsible for the well being of gay and lesbian people in the future may seek and find

      inspiration in its noble buildings, its shaded parts and sheltered gardens – a kingdom

      bearing perhaps some resemblance to the gay kingdom of our dreams.

      I would like to personally thank sincerely my trusted Privy Council or as I call them my

      three musketeers. Jon, Joe and Bill who have at all times shown great loyalty and who

      have been by my side, held my hand, and guided me through some very difficult times. I

      would also like to thank the Prime Minister Enrique and Deputy Prime Minister Louis

      and all members of the Parliament who have brought dignity and stability to the gay

      government; I thank them for taking the time out of their very busy schedule and for

      their knowledge and individual expertise in moving the kingdom forward.

      Since Independence one year ago today, we have achieved the following;

      1. Independence & formal secession from Australia
      2. Appointment of a Chief Justice and Privy Council to advise the crown
      3. Formal secession papers lodged with the Governor General, the Prime Minister

            and the Government of Australia

      1. Establishment and construction of a gay plaque on Cato securing gay and

            lesbian sovereignty over the Coral Sea Islands

      1. Adoption of a Gay Constitution for the governance of the Kingdom
      2. Adoption of a national flag & national anthem
      3. Adoption of citizenship & passports
      4. Election of an international gay government to administer the Kingdom made up

            of members from three continents of the world, Australia, North America &

            Europe

      1. Resumption and control of our own postal service and the design of our first

            stamps due for printing this year

      1. Arrangement and feasibility of a regular air service to the Gay Capital of Heaven

            on Cato Island and the recording of this event on DVD/video.

      1. Formal lodging of documents regarding GLK independence with both the

            International Court of Justice in Europe and with the United Nations in New York

      1. Planting 14 coconut trees and 500,000 Beach-She Oak seeds in the Gay Capital

            Heaven to provide much needed shade.

      1. Commenced a feasibility study for establishment of a gay and lesbian resort and

            permanent residence in the Gay Capital

      1. Continued media releases promoting our cause
      2. Established the first GLK information booth at Pensacola Florida Pride and

            further planed promotions of the GLK at other Pride events around the world.

      1. Regular meetings and the sitting of the gay and lesbian parliament and weekly

            Sunday meetings between myself and Privy Council and Prime Minister

      We hope that the next 12 months we will see the following;

      1. $40,000 dollars Australian ($30,400 US) will be raised from the sale of GLK

            postage stamps and other “tourist items

      1. My identical twin brother, a commercial pilot, will pass his floatplane

            endorsement to land on Cato Reef, thus securing a regular charter service to the

            Kingdom for those who wish to visit

      1. Worldwide release of our gay postage stamps and the establishment of an

            internet site to sell “tourist items” such as T-shirts, stickers, post cards, books

            and the like

      1. A formal response from the United Nations indicating to the gay government the

            UN stance on our Sovereignty

      1. Establishment of a legal council experienced in international law to ensure our

            case before the International Court has the best possible chance to succeed

            should the United Nations not respond to our requests

      Finally, I would like to take the time to thank each and everyone for the support and

      kindness you have shown to me over the past 12 months. As a shy person, I find it at

      times very daunting trying to achieve what has been placed before me. Knowing I have

      the support of others makes my task so much easier.

      The Gay Kingdom has a wonderful future. The Coral Sea Islands is the last uninhabited,

      habitable territory/colony left in the world. We have a very real chance of having our

      sovereignty validated by the United Nation on the legal grounds of the UN charter and

      International Law that clearly states all overseas colonies/territories have a right to self-

      government and self-determination. The Coral Sea Islands meets this very important

      requirement, very few islands in the world do. Our war of independence will not be

      fought on a battlefield but in the International Court of Justice.

      Gay and Lesbian visitors will find the Gay Kingdom immensely appealing. It is one of

      the few places left on Earth where you can really escape. There are no crowds. Clean

      powder white sugar beaches and the aquamarine waters of the Kingdoms many pristine

      coral reefs and lagoons are the worlds best. The weather is glorious with a year

      temperature best described as perpetual spring. It is truly Gay Heaven on earth, and in

      time if the progress we have made in the last 12 months working together as a much-

      focused team is anything to go by, the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea

      Islands will soon become a sunny, relaxed thriving gay and lesbian nation. A nation that

      will give all of us born homosexual a voice, not only in the United Nations, but a voice

      on a world stage.

      Many have asked me “Why Bother” to those I say this. Many nations have laws that

      enable gay and lesbian people to be discriminated against, whether it is being sacked

      from your job because you are gay or evicted from your apartment because of your

      sexuality, some nations still have imprisonment or even the death penalty for gays and

      lesbians, transgendered etc. However nearly all nations of the world have laws that

      protect citizens on the grounds of “Nationality” that is, it is against their law to

      discriminate against a person because they come from a particular nation. When our

      sovereignty and independence are achieved and ratified by the United Nations, this will

      enable all gay and lesbian people to apply for “dual citizenship” and as a “Gay National”;

      their gay citizenship will protect them from very homophobic discriminative laws.

      God Bless

      Dale R

      *********************************

      The GLK Gayzette Is the official publication of the Government of the Gay Kingdom and

      is published on the 25th day of each month, and at other times when necessary, by the

      Office of the Department of Gay Internal Affairs.  Comments, suggestions, and

      recommendations should be addressed to glkgayzette@....

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • On Picking Fruit
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2005
        I'm new to all of this ... so.... is there already
        established a hotel or resort - that one could visit?

        --- GLK Gayzette <glkgayzette@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > Adoption of citizenship & passports
        > Election of an international gay government to
        > administer the Kingdom made up
        >
        > of members from three continents of the world,
        > Australia, North America &
        >
        > Europe
        >
        > Resumption and control of our own postal service
        > and the design of our first
        >
        > stamps due for printing this year
        >
        > Arrangement and feasibility of a regular air
        > service to the Gay Capital of Heaven
        >
        > on Cato Island and the recording of this event
        > on DVD/video.
        >
        > Formal lodging of documents regarding GLK
        > independence with both the
        >
        > International Court of Justice in Europe and
        > with the United Nations in New York
        >
        > Planting 14 coconut trees and 500,000 Beach-She
        > Oak seeds in the Gay Capital
        >
        > Heaven to provide much needed shade.
        >
        > Commenced a feasibility study for establishment

        === message truncated ===

        Arthur Wooten
        Don't forget to check out the novel On Picking Fruit:
        http://www.onpickingfruit.com/
        You'll never look at fruit the same way again!

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • John "Taylor" Yezeguielian
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2005
          No, Arthur. Sorry to say that, thusfar, the Kingdom is an idea, with the beginnings of token action.  I'm not sure what the deal is with the issuance of postage, or how that works in practice, but the plaque, visit to the island, etc. are ineffective so long as Australia and the International aspects don't take it seriously.

          Consider the history of Hawaii.  About 100 years ago, the U.S. plotted and acted, took that sovereign nation by military force, extracting an agreement from the legitmate Princess/Queen by threatening the lives of a handful of her people.  Today, we're still occupying Iraq, and Israel is still occupying Palestine.   All of these countries were solidly established long ago.  What chance do we have against Australia, unless she sees some advantage in granting sovereign right and control of the region?

          The angle simply must be found, if this is to succeed, which will make it adventageous to Australia to part with the land.  It's adjacent to the most commercially valuable barrier reef in the world.  They're not just going to hand it over because it's the right thing to do.

          Even if they did, we'd still have the task of defending it from every homophobic jerk who decided to come give us what-for.  If Fred Phelps takes this seriously, he'll be on his way pronto.  (If that happens, do I get to claim I'm a lesbian so I can kick his ass as he so richly deserves?)  Seriously, this sounds good at the outside, but... scouring satellite images for an unclaimed island or shallows might be more fruitful (pardon the pun.)

          JT

          Protect The Ocean
          "In protecting the ocean, we bring life to ourselves"
          http://ProtectTheOcean.com