Re: [gaykingdom] Re: Ready, willing, and ABLE

  • On Picking Fruit
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 13, 2005
      Who are you? Are you a lawyer? You should be paid
      $250,000 just for your writing. Not that I understand
      all of it.

      --- "John \"Taylor\" Yezeguielian" <jt@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      > has virtually no motive to allow that holding to
      > leave their posession, and every reason not to grant
      > the petition, for fear that it would serve as
      > precident, allowing other sections of their
      > territory to declare sovereignty. I'm imagining
      > that there is Australian law which would allow an
      > Australian citizen to set up residency on any
      > similar land within its holdings, akin to the
      > Homesteading we had in this country until 50 years
      > ago.
      >
      > We are born too late. As has been noted by others,
      > there's not a shred of existing land that hasn't
      > been claimed by SOME principality, and if it were to
      > be discovered, it's likely that some government
      > would claim that as their own, by vague right. Even
      > now, maritime law is being contradicted by such
      > claims. A U.S. citizen is accountable to the U.S.
      > government for his actions abroad, and some who have
      > attempted to renounce that citizenship have not been
      > "allowed" to do so. We ourselves, our very persons,
      > are apparently also assets, chattle of that nation's
      > government - at least as far as they are concerned.
      >
      > It saddens me to think that there is virtually no
      > Where for one to be, to live as a free individual,
      > unless one is wealthy. If I had $250,000 or more in
      > liquid USD, I would be welcomed by most desirable
      > nations (including Australia.)
      >
      > Doesn't it seem strange that these governments don't
      > allow some sort of equal exchange program? There
      > are people in Australia who would like to be U.S.
      > citizens, and I'd like little more than to have been
      > born in Oz or NZ. Being born within the UK would at
      > least have afforded one the right to work and
      > travel. A U.S. citizen has that, if he wants to
      > relocate to Guam, the USVI, or PR (and can afford to
      > do so.)
      >
      > Regarding the structures you suggested, while
      > they're quite flashy in their simplicity, something
      > with a bit more protection from lateral aspects of
      > the elements may be in order as well. After all,
      > shade can be brought in and packed back out. It's
      > the walls which present a bigger challenge.
      >
      > Had I been allowed it, I'd have begun with a
      > cabana-type housing. From that, I'd have
      > constructed elevated "pods" on pillars - essentially
      > a post & beam construction, raised up in short
      > tree-house fashion, and linked to each other via
      > firm bridges which substituted pipe for rope and
      > sported planks to walk on. In this fashion, a large
      > common-area Pod would have individual rooms jutting
      > off it it, as spokes/petals.
      > __ ___ __
      > {__}------ / \------{_}
      > \_ _/
      > |
      > {__}
      >
      > Here's a rough computer rendering of the concept:
      >

      > It's far too late here to be waxing so
      > philosophical. G'night, Your Highness.:)
      >
      > Peace,
      >
      > JT
      >
      > Protect The Ocean
      > "In protecting the ocean, we bring life to

      Arthur Wooten
      Don't forget to check out the novel On Picking Fruit:
      http://www.onpickingfruit.com/
      You'll never look at fruit the same way again!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • John "Taylor" Yezeguielian

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 13, 2005
          writer here in nyc - first plays and screeplays...now
          novels - can check it out if you
          like...www.onpickingfruit.com...arthur

          wrote:

          > LOL! No, just a lowly sometimes-published writer who
          > has been very busy living life. While I have been
          > paid for being a wordsmith, it's nowhere near that
          > sum. I'd be very grateful if you'd convince my
          > value to the publishers, though.:)
          >
          > How many of you live in which countries, who are
          > you; what do you do? I'm curious... as always.
          >
          > Peace,
          >
          > JT
          >
          > Protect The Ocean
          > "In protecting the ocean, we bring life to
          > ourselves"
          > http://ProtectTheOcean.com

          Arthur Wooten
          Don't forget to check out the novel On Picking Fruit:
          http://www.onpickingfruit.com/
          You'll never look at fruit the same way again!

          Discover Yahoo!
          http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html