Re: [gaykingdom] Re: Ready, willing, and ABLE

  • SEBama1
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 12, 2005
      Dear J T,

          Many poeple do not realize there are many legal aspects of this endeavor which must be considered. Not only for the protection of the Kingdom but for the person(s) who plan to settle on the island(s). We do not wish to endager anyone in our efforts so please give the government time to take your offer under advisement for study by the High Court.
          We wish it was possible to just uproot and move but unfortunately we must play by a set of legal rules also.
          Personally, I extend my thanks to you for your offer. However, I can not make decisions based upon personal feelings or wishes.

      Respectfully,
      Louis Trusty
      Deputy President of Parliament
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 13, 2005
        Your Highness,

        It's as I feared, then.  Even in this, we are no more than petitioners, not sovereigns.   Here in the States, we may act as though we are the owners of our land, but that ownership is no more than a color of title bestowed upon us by the King (these days called the U.S.A.)  Were your sovereignty actually recognized, Australia and New Zealand would have no say in what you decreed regarding your holdings.  While I do not condone the militant (or religous) attitude of either of them, Ruby Ridge and Waco were prime examples of what happens when one declares one's land sovereign, even when one has paid for it.

        Though they have little use of it, your government has virtually no motive to allow that holding to leave their posession, and every reason not to grant the petition, for fear that it would serve as precident, allowing other sections of their territory to declare sovereignty.  I'm imagining that there is Australian law which would allow an Australian citizen to set up residency on any similar land within its holdings, akin to the Homesteading we had in this country until 50 years ago.

        We are born too late.  As has been noted by others, there's not a shred of existing land that hasn't been claimed by SOME principality, and if it were to be discovered, it's likely that some government would claim that as their own, by vague right.  Even now, maritime law is being contradicted by such claims.  A U.S. citizen is accountable to the U.S. government for his actions abroad, and some who have attempted to renounce that citizenship have not been "allowed" to do so.  We ourselves, our very persons, are apparently also assets, chattle of that nation's government - at least as far as they are concerned.

        It saddens me to think that there is virtually no Where for one to be, to live as a free individual, unless one is wealthy.  If I had $250,000 or more in liquid USD, I would be welcomed by most desirable nations (including Australia.)

        Doesn't it seem strange that these governments don't allow some sort of equal exchange program?  There are people in Australia who would like to be U.S. citizens, and I'd like little more than to have been born in Oz or NZ.  Being born within the UK would at least have afforded one the right to work and travel.  A U.S. citizen has that, if he wants to relocate to Guam, the USVI, or PR (and can afford to do so.)

        Regarding the structures you suggested, while they're quite flashy in their simplicity, something with a bit more protection from lateral aspects of the elements may be in order as well.  After all, shade can be brought in and packed back out.  It's the walls which present a bigger challenge.

        Had I been allowed it, I'd have begun with a cabana-type housing.  From that, I'd have constructed elevated "pods" on pillars - essentially a post & beam construction, raised up in short tree-house fashion, and linked to each other via firm bridges which substituted pipe for rope and sported planks to walk on.  In this fashion, a large common-area Pod would have individual rooms jutting off it it, as spokes/petals.
         __            ___           __
        {__}------ /      \------{_}
                       \_ _/

                         {__}

        Here's a rough computer rendering of the concept:

        It's far too late here to be waxing so philosophical. G'night, Your Highness.:)

        Peace,

        JT

        Protect The Ocean
        "In protecting the ocean, we bring life to ourselves"
        http://ProtectTheOcean.com

      • On Picking Fruit
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 13, 2005
          Who are you? Are you a lawyer? You should be paid
          $250,000 just for your writing. Not that I understand
          all of it.

          --- "John \"Taylor\" Yezeguielian" <jt@...>
          wrote:

> [...]
          >
          > Had I been allowed it, I'd have begun with a
          > cabana-type housing. From that, I'd have
          > constructed elevated "pods" on pillars - essentially
          > a post & beam construction, raised up in short
          > tree-house fashion, and linked to each other via
          > firm bridges which substituted pipe for rope and
          > sported planks to walk on. In this fashion, a large
          > common-area Pod would have individual rooms jutting
          > off it it, as spokes/petals.
          > __ ___ __
          > {__}------ / \------{_}
          > \_ _/
          > |
          > {__}
          >
          > Here's a rough computer rendering of the concept:
          >

          > It's far too late here to be waxing so
          > philosophical. G'night, Your Highness.:)
          >
          > Peace,
          >
          > JT
          >
          > Protect The Ocean
          > "In protecting the ocean, we bring life to

          Arthur Wooten
          Don't forget to check out the novel On Picking Fruit:
          http://www.onpickingfruit.com/
          You'll never look at fruit the same way again!

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • John "Taylor" Yezeguielian

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 13, 2005
              writer here in nyc - first plays and screeplays...now
              novels - can check it out if you
              like...www.onpickingfruit.com...arthur

              wrote:

              > LOL! No, just a lowly sometimes-published writer who
              > has been very busy living life. While I have been
              > paid for being a wordsmith, it's nowhere near that
              > sum. I'd be very grateful if you'd convince my
              > value to the publishers, though.:)
              >
              > How many of you live in which countries, who are
              > you; what do you do? I'm curious... as always.
              >
              > Peace,
              >
              > JT
              >
              > Protect The Ocean
              > "In protecting the ocean, we bring life to
              > ourselves"
              > http://ProtectTheOcean.com

              Arthur Wooten
              Don't forget to check out the novel On Picking Fruit:
              http://www.onpickingfruit.com/
              You'll never look at fruit the same way again!

              Discover Yahoo!
              http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html