Re: [gaykingdom] FW: [OneAlabama] Southern Poverty Law Center Issues Report on Anti-gay Groups

  • Davey Brain
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
      William J. Freeman wrote:

      > -----Original Message-----
      > *From:* OneAlabama@yahoogroups.com
      > [mailto:OneAlabama@yahoogroups.com]*On Behalf Of *Ken Baker
      > *Sent:* Friday, June 03, 2005 8:19 AM
      > *To:* Ken Baker
      > *Subject:* [OneAlabama] Southern Poverty Law Center Issues Report on
      > Anti-gay Groups
      >
      > http://www.sovo.com/2005/6-3/news/national/anti-gay.cfm

      Hi,
      Thanks, I read the article. This stood out: "The Lawrence decision,
      coupled with the legalization of same-sex marriage in Massachusetts,
      prompted the religious right to point to the 'homosexual agenda' and
      prompt more virulent anti-gay attacks..."

      I remember reading what the "homosexual agenda" was somewhere on a humor
      site:

      "Treat us exactly the same as all other people, and..."

      [click on link]

      "...leave us the fuck alone!!"

      Too true.
      BrokenBoy
      --
      Davey Brain
      Due to political oppression I'm seeking a Canadian or European

      "It is dangerous to be right when the established authorities are wrong"
      - Voltaire

      This OS/2 uptime is 2 d 03 h 07 m 56 seconds
    • Jeffrey Montgomery
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
        Thanks for sending this along....what stood out for me is:

        “Our bailiwick is extremism,” he said. “We’ve avoided the Christian Right in the past, and we don’t feel we’ve expanded to include the Christian Right — we feel very strongly they have entered our world [of extremism].

        ______________________
        Jeffrey Montgomery
        Executive Director
        TRIANGLE FOUNDATION
        19641 West Seven Mile Road
        Detroit, Michigan 48219
        jeff@...

        Office: 313-537-3323, ext. 106
        Cell: 313-506-1847
        www.tri.org

        “We owe apologies to no one..
        Society and its official representatives owe us apologies
        for what they have done and are doing to us.” - Frank Kameny

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005

          Who all else is using the Skype Voice chat software?

          You can find me on Skype using my email address: dallaswv35077@...

          -Dallas Vinson, MP
          -Member: GLK Wire Service (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/glkwire)