FW: [OneAlabama] Southern Poverty Law Center Issues Report on Anti-gay Groups

  • William J. Freeman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005

      From: OneAlabama@yahoogroups.com [mailto:OneAlabama@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Ken Baker
      Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 8:19 AM
      To: Ken Baker
      Subject: [OneAlabama] Southern Poverty Law Center Issues Report on Anti-gay Groups

    • Davey Brain
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
        William J. Freeman wrote:

        > -----Original Message-----
        > *From:* OneAlabama@yahoogroups.com
        > [mailto:OneAlabama@yahoogroups.com]*On Behalf Of *Ken Baker
        > *Sent:* Friday, June 03, 2005 8:19 AM
        > *To:* Ken Baker
        > *Subject:* [OneAlabama] Southern Poverty Law Center Issues Report on
        > Anti-gay Groups
        >
        > http://www.sovo.com/2005/6-3/news/national/anti-gay.cfm

        Hi,
        Thanks, I read the article. This stood out: "The Lawrence decision,
        coupled with the legalization of same-sex marriage in Massachusetts,
        prompted the religious right to point to the 'homosexual agenda' and
        prompt more virulent anti-gay attacks..."

        I remember reading what the "homosexual agenda" was somewhere on a humor
        site:

        "Treat us exactly the same as all other people, and..."

        [click on link]

        "...leave us the fuck alone!!"

        Too true.
        BrokenBoy
        --
        Davey Brain
        Due to political oppression I'm seeking a Canadian or European

        "It is dangerous to be right when the established authorities are wrong"
        - Voltaire

        This OS/2 uptime is 2 d 03 h 07 m 56 seconds
      • Jeffrey Montgomery
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
          Thanks for sending this along....what stood out for me is:

          “Our bailiwick is extremism,” he said. “We’ve avoided the Christian Right in the past, and we don’t feel we’ve expanded to include the Christian Right — we feel very strongly they have entered our world [of extremism].

          ______________________
          Jeffrey Montgomery
          Executive Director
          TRIANGLE FOUNDATION
          19641 West Seven Mile Road
          Detroit, Michigan 48219
          jeff@...

          Office: 313-537-3323, ext. 106
          Cell: 313-506-1847
          www.tri.org

          “We owe apologies to no one..
          Society and its official representatives owe us apologies
          for what they have done and are doing to us.” - Frank Kameny

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005

            Who all else is using the Skype Voice chat software?

            You can find me on Skype using my email address: dallaswv35077@...

            -Dallas Vinson, MP
            -Member: GLK Wire Service (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/glkwire)