Safety and hostility survey: Final call for participants

  • newie101
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2005
      Safety and Hostility Survey:
      Final call for participants

      Hi all
      Thanks to everyone who responded to our on-line questionnaire on
      safety and hostility at large scale gay and lesbian events in
      Australia. We were very grateful for all the replies. Some excellent
      information was collected. Gay and lesbian community group notice
      boards have proved a great way to get participants. Thanks to the
      moderators who allowed our message to be posted.

      For those who are not familiar with the study, we are a group of
      researchers from the Universities of Newcastle and Sydney examining
      issues of safety and hostility at large scale queer events (Mardi
      Gras, Midsumma, Pride etc) and regional events. We are interested in
      issues to do with personal and group safety as well as gathering
      information on hostility either seen or experienced by you at such
      events. This survey is one part of our project. Further information
      can be found at the web link below.

      As usual we need more people to respond. If you would like the chance
      to participate and have not already done so, please click on the link
      below and open the questionnaire. Most of the questions only require
      dot point answers (just a click of the mouse) and it usually takes no
      more than 15 minutes to complete.

      The web address is www.newcastle.edu.au/rsip/

      Thanks again to all those who have already responded and we are
      hoping to hear from more of you. Apologies for cross-posting.

      This research project has been approved by the University of
      Newcastle Human Research Ethics Committee, Approval No. H-515-0203.