Gay Men Respond Differently to Pheromones

  • Davey Brain
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2005
      Hi all,
      I saw a short mention of this on the news this morning and filled in the
      details at this article:

      --------
      "Gay Men Respond Differently to Pheromones"
      <http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/homosexual_brains>

      "WASHINGTON - The sexual area of a gay man's brain works a lot like that
      of a woman when exposed to a particular stimulus, researchers say. In an
      experiment, men and heterosexual women sniffed a chemical from the male
      hormone testosterone. The homosexual men's brains responded differently
      from those of heterosexual males, and in a similar way to the women's
      brains.

      "It is one more piece of evidence ... that is showing that sexual
      orientation is not all learned," said Sandra Witelson, an expert on
      brain anatomy and sexual orientation at the Michael G. DeGroote School
      of Medicine at McMaster University in Ontario, Canada"
      --------

      Go to the link to read the rest of this news.

      BrokenBoy
      --
      Davey Brain
      Due to political oppression I'm seeking a Canadian or European

      "It is dangerous to be right when the established authorities are wrong"
      - Voltaire

      This OS/2 uptime is 3 d 18 h 14 m 57 seconds