FWD: [GLKAssembly] Imperial Commission

  • stanford_giles
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 4, 2005
      If the people named in the message are GLK citizens, they should be
      told that to do this will cast them out.

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 5, 2005
        Hi Stanford,

        Would it matter if they were told such a thing?  I doubt it.

        I guess it might not hurt to inquire as to their intentions in those regards, but for Jaix Brooks, the Lord Speaker of the Gay and Lesbian Commonwealth Kingdom Parliament, it appears his intentions are contrary to his oath and the will of HIM Dale.

        I think our official position is to ignore them and let them wither on the vine.  They are acting contrary to the will of HIM Dale, contrary to the oath of office as to Mr. Brooks, and for any that may be persons seeking affiliation with the Unified Gay Tribe, contrary to their oath to their tribe. It would seem dubious that Mr. Brooks is apparently now claiming a title which has not been bestowed by any monarch.

        Of course, ignoring their trolling doesn't mean we will be ignoring their improper and illegal use of the Kingdom's name, but this forum is not the proper place for resolution of those claims.

        -William J. Freeman

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 5, 2005
            from my understanding unless the name has been copyrighted you cant
            stop someone from using it, and besides the point they are using the
            name gaykingdom of the commonwealth, which in turn is different from
            The Gaykingdom of the Coral sea, you cant stop them from using it,
            they are in thier rights to do this.

            --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, Joe Grande <wsbridgeman@y...>

            Service.
          • Davey Brain
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 6, 2005
              wyn_chrs wrote:

              > from my understanding unless the name has been copyrighted you cant
              > stop someone from using it, and besides the point they are using the
              > name gaykingdom of the commonwealth, which in turn is different from
              > The Gaykingdom of the Coral sea, you cant stop them from using it,
              > they are in thier rights to do this.

              Hi,
              IANAL but as I understand it this isn't a copyright issue, it's a
              trademark issue.

              BrokenBoy
              --
              Davey Brain
              Due to political oppression I'm seeking a Canadian or European

              "It is dangerous to be right when the established authorities are wrong"
              - Voltaire

              This OS/2 uptime is 1 d 10 h 15 m 15 seconds
            • Dallas Vinson
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 6, 2005
                Ok folks, after being asked by numerous people to run for Assembly, I have
                decided to go ahead and toss my hat into the ring. My policy paper and such
                will be forthcoming. Just waiting to get it back from my campaign manager.

                -Dallas Vinson
                -Member: GLK Wire Service (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/glkwire)
                -Owner: Radio Free GLK (http://rfglk.dyndns.org/rfglk)
              • Gunter Van Cauwenbergh
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 6, 2005
                  Hi Dallas,

                  Nice to see you will be running too. I'd say, welcome to the ring. I'll be
                  running for economics. But uhm... Why not write your own policy paper? At
                  least you would know what's in it ;-)

                  Cheerio,

                  Gunter
                  Brussels, Belgium

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 6, 2005
                    You're allready an member of the assembly, why would you be running again?
                    It's my understanding that this election is just for the empty seats.

                    Basically, I guess you could say that my platform is Communication and
                    Education.

                    The reason I have a campagn manager doing it is that I wouldn't know what to
                    put on there. He's doing it, and then I'll approve it before it goes out.
                    And just to make sure that there are no questions raised about possibly
                    having an outside source do my campaign stuff and possible outside
                    influence, I made sure that he was registered with the GLK Court before we
                    even started. I want everything to be above board and out in the open.

                    -Dallas

                  • Dallas Vinson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 6, 2005
                      OOPS, it was just pointed out to me that we have TWO Gunters in here. My
                      apologies to you both. I was unaware of this fact.

                      -Dallas

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 7, 2005
                        Hi Dallas,

                        Just to make sure there is no confusion about my person, I'm not Günther
                        Knesebeck from Germany. I'm a totally different person. I work as a business
                        consultant on an international level, and I live in Belgium, which is one of
                        the tinier countries in the European Union. As a formal educational
                        background, I have a Master in Economics, with a specialization in
                        International Relations.
                        I've been involved in the past in the local Belgian Gay Pride, and in ILGA
                        (International Lesbian and Gay Association), also having their offices in
                        Brussels. My experience with these organisations has showed me the
                        limitations and weaknesses of organizations based on government subsidies
                        and welfare. That's why I want to make sure the GLK has a sound financial
                        structure based on a solid, realistic and independant economy.

                        Apart from that, I hope that you will enjoy the election race just as much
                        as I do. Let me already wish you good luck beforehand :-)

                        Best Regards,

                        Gunter
                        Brussels, Belgium

                        >From: "Dallas Vinson" <dallaswv35077@...>
                        >To: <gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com>
                        >Subject: RE: [gaykingdom] Empty seats in the Assembly
                        >Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 12:09:44 -0500
                        >
                        >You're allready an member of the assembly, why would you be running again?
                        >It's my understanding that this election is just for the empty seats.
                        >
                        >Basically, I guess you could say that my platform is Communication and
                        >Education.
                        >
                        >The reason I have a campagn manager doing it is that I wouldn't know what
                        >put on there. He's doing it, and then I'll approve it before it goes out.
                        >And just to make sure that there are no questions raised about possibly
                        >having an outside source do my campaign stuff and possible outside
                        >influence, I made sure that he was registered with the GLK Court before we
                        >even started. I want everything to be above board and out in the open.
                        >
                        >-Dallas

                      • William J. Freeman
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 7, 2005
                          Hi Gunter,

                          As you have figured out by now, we are dealing with several problems, the latest of which appears to be
                          elected officials who are not serving because being an elected official impacts their private life.

                          Personally, I'd think an opportunity to serve the needs of our GLK would be such an honor that some
                          personal sacrifice would not come as a surprise to those seeking to serve.  As you will no doubt notice,
                          however, even this comment will be criticized by leaders who, for whatever reason, ran for our assembly
                          without the intention of serving, even when service calls for personal sacrifice and hardship.

                          We have so much more to do that is so much more important than being forced to justify that service to
                          the GLK is more important than one's private affairs that it is deeply disturbing to those of us currently
                          serving that we even have to entertain this discussion.  But here was are, and so we are.

                          One of our primary goals is the development of an economy which supports our global gay tribe and
                          it's governance.  Part of the responsibility of governance with which I have been concerned is the
                          protection of the human rights of tribe members.  My work is mostly legal, and while I see this as a
                          legal question, I am not so naive that I do not understand that the eceonomic development of our
                          nation is just as important as the protection of it's rights abroad.

                          As we say in the South, we have more work to do than we can shake a stick at.  Those that want to
                          work need to work, and those that want to belly ache about everything but the work that has to be
                          done need to find a better place for their tripe.

                          HIM Dale has asked us in earnest to practice the principle of working hard to agree while we are
                          working hard.  I think it is about time we focused on the work at hand and less on the party we miss
                          because of it.

                          Just my two cents,

                          -Bill Freeman