Re: Dear Citizens

  • Jason Ruel
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
      Here, Here!

      I still believe in what we are doing and am not running away with my
      tail between my legs. If my legilaters could fight for 30 years for
      equal rights for all I can stick it out through the rough seas we
      have faced recently ;0)

      Jase ;0)

      --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, Michael Lepore
      <thecateringqueen@s...> wrote:
      > well said. Drako Deo
      >
      > Drako Deo <drako_deo@y...> wrote:Your Majesty,
      >
      > Remember those who count on You and take heart. We believe it
      will all work out in the end.

      > Love and Faith
      >
      > Drako & Ramon
      >
      > Dale Parker Anderson <gaysovereign@y...> wrote:
      >
      > Dear citizens,
      >
      > Our country has seen some rough seas this past week. Your loyalty
      > and support have been the force that has and will continue to calm
      > the waters. I want all of you to know how much your devotion to
      > myself and the crown prince mean to both of us. It saddens me that
      > we had to endure this challenge but in every storm there is a
      beacon
      > of light. Our light is that we are coming out of this experience
      > united in our mission and standing together as a people. I think
      it
      > is much like what happened in the United States after 9/11. As
      > tragic as that was it brought the American people together, united
      > by patriotism. And so we also stand united. More committed than
      ever
      > to make this dream a reality and with the knowledge that even
      those
      > who would wish us harm cannot stop us from doing what is right
      and
      > long overdue.
      > I also want to make it perfectly clear that we still have a
      > functioning government. Enrique Pérez, Daniel Fowler, Jack Blue,
      > Günter Knesebeck, Beatriz Mestre, Donald Clark and Karress Rhodes
      > are still your elected representatives and are working hard on
      your
      > behalf. These fine individuals have stood strong through the storm
      > and continue to devote themselves to the task at hand. There will
      be
      > an election in April to fill the seats vacated by Mr. Brooks and
      > Mr. Oriole. However legislative meetings will continue and your
      > government will continue to move forward in the meantime.
      > At this point in time I would also like to remind all of our
      > citizens of a couple of facts. First is the fact that I never
      wanted
      > a Kingdom. I was the only one of the original group to go out to
      > Cato Island who voted for a republic. The first government however
      > had great wisdom, as a crown allows for much needed continuity in
      > situations just like the one we are going through today. Having
      been
      > out-voted then I have always said and wish to clearly repeat now :
      > Once we have gained our internationally recognized Independence by
      > the ICJ/UN it is my desire that a referendum be presented to the
      > people in which you will be able to decide to either keep the
      > monarchy or change the form of our government to a republic.
      > Second it is critical to remember that there are legal reasons we
      > must remain a monarchy until that time. Australia is a kingdom.
      Its
      > head of state is Queen Elizabeth II and Australia claims
      sovereignty
      > over the Coral Sea Islands via its 1969 Coral Sea Islands Act. The
      > Gay Kingdoms war of independence will not be a war fought on a
      > battle field but a war fought in a court of law. We must therefore
      > find loop holes in Australian law to help our cause so that
      > Australian law works to our advantage. Under current Australian
      Law
      > a republic could not be chosen as our form of government because
      had
      > we done so we could have all been charged with treason. However by
      > choosing a Kingdom as the form of government for the Coral Sea
      > Islands under Australian law a crown offers the gay activists
      > protection from the Australian Government. Because under British
      Law
      > of which Australian Law is derived "a de facto Prince and his
      > supporters cannot be charged with treason" and in fact this law
      goes
      > on to state that "anyone hindering a de facto prince or his
      > supporters from obtaining his crown can themselves be charged with
      > treason". It is also important to remember that under the
      Australian
      > Constitution, The Coral Sea Islands lie in international waters
      > outside Australia's 200nm exclusive economic zone and are an
      > overseas territory of Australia. That means the islands are a
      colony
      > and therefore fall under the United Nations Charter of Governances
      > and Self Determination of Territories and colonies of which
      > Australia is a signatory.
      > Additionally, at this time I would like to remind the current and
      > future legislators that I ask the government to work on a simple
      > principle and will judge its effectiveness on the principle
      > of "those who can best work and agree." This principal requires
      the
      > government is not to countenance infighting or backstabbing, or
      any
      > behavior that would tarnish the Kingdom in any manner. I
      anticipate
      > there will be disagreements, but I ask consort and consideration
      > among members of the government. I want everyone to work together,
      > communicate and produce. My mission statement for the new
      government
      > is that they re-assure the people that they will rule with
      > the "Privy Council" this does not mean they will be ruled by them
      > but that they will rule with them and take their advice, even when
      > it is unpalatable.
      > We have just begun on a long and arduous journey. There will be
      more
      > storms along the way, have no doubt. I am confident that we will
      > reach our destination. I am very proud that we, as one tribe,
      travel
      > together in this journey toward our independence.
      > God Bless
      > Dale R

      http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

      Service.