dream

  • Donald Clark
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2005
      hello,

      I would like to apologize, to everyone about what has transpired in
      the last week, I have been trying to deal with some health issues. O
      entered the hospital Saturday night sufering fromapanic attack, and
      of very high blood pressure. Now I amnot going to place the blame
      for this on any one person, but I am saying that I want this whole
      thing to calm down.

      I ask when did we start behaving like the people in the 1700's? I
      feel like a resident of salem, I feel like an accused witch. When
      did it become High Treasom to speak ones mind? When did it become a
      crime, to question the leadership of a country? I was reading an
      article today about the president of I think zimbobway (spelling?)He
      said that anyone who runs against him in the election coming up, and
      those people who vote against him are traitors and would be
      punished, do we really want to be on the same levalof this guy? I
      know I Don't. Now regardless of what has been said about me in the
      past, and those whom have said it, I want the records to be clear.
      Yes I do in principle agree with some things that have been said, BUT
      I AM CLEAR THAT I HAVE NOT NOR WILL I EVER BE LIKE PRESIDENT BUSH,THE
      GOVERNMENT OF AUSTRALIA OR ANYONE WHOM OPRESSES OUR HUMAN RIGHTS!

      I do however think that there are some serious issues at hand here. I
      do believe that we need some changes. I been called a traitor
      because I spoke my mind about some things, Dallas said this, he
      called it high treason to speak ones mind? When did we start acting
      this way? Why? When a letter from jaix came in with my name on it
      did anyone ask me if I allowed this to happen before they started
      calling me a traitor, no they started to call me this before they
      asked, dan fowler said my actions said I was resigning from the
      assembly and renouncing my ctizenship BEFORE ANYONE ASKED ME IF I HAD
      ALLOWED THIS. The only person to ask was Jon Matlick, and he really
      never asked,he gave an ultimatum, so I responded with a e-mail saying
      I was done with this group, I belived and still do a little bit that
      no matter what I said I was guilty before bieng inncocent, I felt
      that I had to prove my innocents, but why should I thought this is
      supposed to be a country of refuge a place of freedom, then why is it
      that I was thought of as bieng gulity, I thought it wasinnocent until
      proven guilty,not the other way around. Now I know some people also
      think of me as a traitor because Jaix, and I are friends, and yes I
      am still his friend, and will contunue to be, One member,at least i
      think he was a member, of the priivy council said anyone whom is a
      friend or a member of the other group should be thought of as
      person non grata, this is another serious issue, just because one is
      friends with a person, or a member of a group whom is opposing
      another is a wrong. well I dont plan on dropping a friend, I just
      wanted to say this because to me this doesnt sound, or feel like a
      free country in fact the USA looks more free then here, now dont take
      this the wrong way, I am not saying that because I oppose what is
      going on here but I do think these issues need to be talked about.

      till later

      Don
    • Dallas Vinson
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 2005
        Don, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I am in support of free speech
        upto the point where it causes harm to others. But to openly make the
        declarations that Jaix did was, in my opinion, treasonous because he was
        advocating the overthrough of our government.

        I now know that he signed peoples names to that message without their
        knowledge and/or consent. If you were one of those persons who was wronged
        by his actions, then I humbly apologize to you.

        It is one thing to voice discontent with a group or government, it is
        another thing all together to openly declare revolt. What do you think the
        US Government, or any government for that matter, would do if a group of its
        citizens made the same declarations that Jaix made? I think their reactions
        would be similar, if not identicle, to some of the ones made here.

        If you do not agree whith Jaix's words to which he attached your name, then
        I would realy like to have you stay with us and try to fix the problems.
        This however, does not mean throwing out everything that has already been
        done and starting over. We have a loose framework already in place, what we
        need to do is work within that framework and do what we can to expand on it
        and make it stronger.

        That's just my 2 euros worth. I think on a lot of these things, I hope that
        we can just agree to disagree and keep moving forward.

        -Dallas

[...]

        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Help
        save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
        'Thanks & Giving.'
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mGEjbB/5WnJAA/E2hLAA/uXHolB/TM
      • stanford_giles
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 30, 2005
          I will say sorry for assuming you Don allowed jaix to sign your name
          to the leter of overthrow. I did not think jaix was so daft to sign
          people's names who could easy say they did not agree. That was a
          mistake I made. Also, I read this entire post you made and still
          don't know the answers so I will ask meaning no lack of respect. Did
          you allow Jaix to put your name on his letter of overthrow or did
          you not? You said "The only person to ask was Jon Matlick, and he
          really never asked,he gave an ultimatum, so I responded with a e-
          mail saying I was done with this group". I ask then if by doing that
          you resigned the parliemant, or did not? All it is unclear and so
          the only way to know is to ask and so I ask.

          --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Clark" <donclarkii@y...>
          wrote:

> [...]
          also
          > think of me as a traitor because Jaix, and I are friends, and yes
          > am still his friend, and will contunue to be, One member,at least
          > think he was a member, of the priivy council said anyone whom is a
          > friend or a member of the other group should be thought of as
          > person non grata, this is another serious issue, just because one
          is
          > friends with a person, or a member of a group whom is opposing
          > another is a wrong. well I dont plan on dropping a friend, I
          just
          > wanted to say this because to me this doesnt sound, or feel like
          > free country in fact the USA looks more free then here, now dont
          take
          > this the wrong way, I am not saying that because I oppose what is
          > going on here but I do think these issues need to be talked about.

        • Donald Clark
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 30, 2005
            Stan, No I Did not allow him to sign my name it was done without my
            knowledge, I did not read the letter until Monday, I was upset that
            you all assumed I had done what was said, and so yes I sent a message
            to certain people saying I was done with the group because I was
            presumed guilty, do you not understand what that feels like, It is
            not a good feeling, and I dont care if you are innocent and you know
            that you are, when people presume you guilty and just start acting
            like you are guilty without proof without asking it hurts, you could
            have asked I would have responded, though not until Monday because I
            was in Hospital. I hope that answers your questions.

            --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "stanford_giles"