Re: [gaykingdom] Any women in the GLK?

  • Lee P
    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 28, 2004
      Hi Bunny!
      ((((((((((burrrrrrr))))))))))
      I haven't been to the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival, but my deaf lesbian
      friend goes annually.  They have interpreters, and women galore!
      Lee
      Single Butch
      S. California, U.S.A.

      JiveBunny1@... wrote:
      Hello from the lovely scenic but FREEZING FingerLakes area of upstate New York, USA!  Yep... I'm female, too! My partner & I are 51 and 45 and have a combined grand total of 8 (yes, eight) children. (I don't always introduce myself with the number of children we have, but CHRISTMAS and the recent GIFT-GIVING have deeply impressed this fact on me! LOL!) My partner is an IP attorney and I'm a photographer/artist. We live in a very rural area and are as *out* as OUT as anyone could be. I run a Yahoo! Group specifically for lesbians in Upstate NY, UpstateLesConnect  where I do my best to gently yet firmly raise political/social awareness while women get their social needs met. ::smile:::

      The idea of a nation where *we* are the norm? :::sigh::: Wow..... sounds fabulous! I can only imagine the relaxation. As OUT as Sue & I are ... we are still a minority.

      Have any women on this list been to the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival? It's a *womyn's* festival... not a *lesbian* festival... but still, we ARE the majority at fest. Instead of folks assuming you are straight unless you let them know otherwise ... you are assumed to be lesbian ... unless you let them know otherwise! :::Big HUGE deep sigh::: It is both exhilarating and relaxing at the same time! It's only for one week a year and the feeling is hard to explain ... but SO real!

      Happy Boxing Day to All!

      Bunny

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Lee P