      Date: 10/17/05 12:38:12
      Subject: RE: [gaykingdom] Please check your religion at the door

      I dunno, some of the most public Christians seem to be fairly evil folk.  I'd much rather be in charge of my own beliefs over trusting it to my neighbor, or my government.

      From: Gart
      Date: 10/17/05 12:13:57

      Hi all!

      I have been following the debates here for a while now, and I would like to make a suggestion: Please check your religion at the door, or for future immigrants into the gay kingdom; at customs upon entry.

      Religion has brought us nothing but pain and suffering and is the direct cause of all anti-gay discrimination worldwide. Therefore it is one of the main reasons why we want a sovereign state to begin with.

      In my humble opinion, there is no god. I don't even believe in Santa Claus, and I can see him!

      Everyone is free to believe whatever they want, of course, but faith is a private matter and it should remain that way. It is irritating to me that god gets dragged into these debates all the time. I think we should establish that the foundation of the gay kingdom is strictly a legal and political matter, and specifically a non-religious one.

      Even in a gay state, religion can become a source of division and conflict. I say; outlaw and abolish all organized religion from the gay state and make it a constitutional amendment that organized religion has no place there.

      Gart

      Amsterdam

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic