1469Re: News from Alabama

  • jaixbrooks
    Mar 9, 2005
      --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Dallas Vinson"

      <http://www.legislature.state.al.us/graphics/housepics/salaam_y.jpeg>

      > _____
      >

      > State House: Room 539-E
      > 11 South Union Street
      > Montgomery, AL 36130
      > (334) 242-7746 District: 230 Franklin
      Street
      > Selma, AL 36703
      > Home Phone: (334) 872-7571
      >

      > _____
      >

      > Representative Yusuf Salaam was elected to the Alabama House of
      > Representatives in November, 2002. He and his wife, Khayriyyah,
      have five
      > children: Fatima, Rastreeda, Gaaiyya, Safiyyah, and Yusuflibril. He
      received
      > his A.B. Degree in History from the University of Georgia, Juris
      Doctor from
      > the University of Miami, and L.L.M. from the University of
      Wisconsin.
      > Representative Salaam is a member of the Alabama Trial Lawyers,
      Alabama Bar
      > Association, Alabama Democratic Committee, Dallas County Bar, and
      Coalition
      > for Good Government.
      >
      > You can access the state legislature website at:
      > http://www.legislature.state.al.us/index.html
      >
      > -Dallas Vinson
      > -Member: GLK Wire Service (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/glkwire)
      > -Owner: Radio Free GLK (http://rfglk.dyndns.org/rfglk)

      Yusuf
      > Salam! In Belgium same sex marriages are legal and when I hear this
      man
      > saying such things, I do feel that it's not the countries with the
      gay
      > marriages are uncivilized, but the countries that don't recognized
      gay
      > marriages. Does anyone has the email of this men? I would like to
      confront
      > him with this.
      >
      > Greetz,
      >
      > Jo Vansteenkiste
      > (GLK & Belgium-EU)
      >
      > --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Dallas Vinson"
      > <dallaswv35077@b...> wrote:
      > > (Montgomery, Alabama) A proposed amendment to the Alabama
      > constitution
      > > banning same-sex marriage and civil unions is likely to appear on
      > the 2006
      > > primary ballot.
      > >

      > > The House approved a Senate version of the bill on Tuesday adding
      > the civil
      > > unions ban. It now goes back to the Senate for final
      ratification -
      > likely
      > > to occur on Thursday.
      > >

      > > The House voted 85 - 7 on the measure with little debate. The
      > sponsor of
      > > the House version, Rep. Yusuf Salamm (D-Selma), said that
      > no "civilized
      > > society" has every accepted same-sex marriage.
      > >

      > > "The Legislature has a right to promote the general welfare of
      > this state
      > > and, to be quite frank, we should be leery of any social
      > experiment that
      > > does not have any precedent whatsoever in human history," he
      > said.
      > >
      > > <Snip rest of story for space Get full article at www.365gay.com>
      > >
      > > So I guess according to Rep Salamm that all those country's in
      > Europe where
      > > same sex marriage is perfectly legal are not civilized? I think
      > there is
      > > plenty of precedent not only in Europe, but even here in North
      > Amarica that
      > > allowing same sex marriage does not bring society to a screaching
      > halt.
      > >
      > > -Dallas Vinson
      > > -Member: GLK Wire Service (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/glkwire)
      > > -Owner: Radio Free GLK (http://rfglk.dyndns.org/rfglk)

      Dallas, Jo et al.

      You can be sure this grinning (deleted) (deleted) (deleted) will take
      every penny that any Gay person in Alabama is taxed. And lick his
      chops for more.....
      We are good enough to pay the same taxes, if not more, but Heaven
      forbid we should ask for just the same right to be happy and equal
      under the law.
      Civilized? This man does not know the meaning of the word...
      Bah!

      Jaix

      ~--> Help
      > save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research
      Hospital's