Why public schooling is "better" than homeschooling

  • Heidi Singer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      I just received this from another homeschool group that I am in ... and just had to pass it along ...

      Why Public Schooling Is Better Than Homeschooling ~ Scott Ott

      1. Most parents were educated in the underfunded public school
      system, and so are not smart enough to homeschool their own children.

      2. Children who receive one-on-one homeschooling will learn more than
      others, giving them an unfair advantage in the marketplace. This is
      undemocratic.

      3. How can children learn to defend themselves unless they have to
      fight off bullies on a daily basis?

      4. Ridicule from other children is important to the socialization
      process.

      5. Children in public schools can get more practice "Just Saying No"
      to drugs, cigarettes and alcohol.

      6. Fluorescent lighting may have significant health benefits.

      7. Publicly asking permission to go to the bathroom teaches young
      people their place in society.

      8. The fashion industry depends upon the peer pressure that only
      public schools can generate.

      9. Public schools foster cultural literacy, passing on important
      traditions like the singing of "Jingle Bells, Batman smells, Robin
      laid an egg..."

      10. Homeschooled children may not learn important office career
      skills,like how to sit still for six hours straight

        Heidi
      Stop by our Grand Re-Opening Party
      Monday, Oct 1 from 8am-10pm EST