cooking club

  • fossilhunter2005
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi is there anyone interested in starting a cooking club?We think it
      would be fun for the kids to learn to cook.Also when we finally get
      warmer weather,how about a walking club?Maybe meet once a week at the
      canal.
    • Heidi Singer
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
        Hey Roberta
        Great ideas ... as long as the schedule works we'll be there.
        ~ Heidi, Nathaniel & Melanie

        fossilhunter2005 <fossilhunter2005@...> wrote:
        Hi is there anyone interested in starting a cooking club?We think it
        would be fun for the kids to learn to cook.Also when we finally get
        warmer weather,how about a walking club?Maybe meet once a week at the
        canal.

        Yahoo! Mail

      • SimondsAmy@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
          I like the sound of the walking club a lot!  My kids would love to cook also, but it makes my a little nervous :)

        • southshoremom
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
            Hi,
            We are a new to homeschooling family in Plymouh. I started
            homeschooling my 11 year old son about a month ago and have sent in the
            letter of intent to the superintendent for my 7 yo son, which they tell
            me will go before the school committee on March 20th. My son really
            wants to meet other homeschool kids. I have assured him that there are
            plenty of them out there and that we will start doing things with other
            homeschoolers soon. I can't believe a whole month has gone by already,
            we are both loving this and I know my 7yo will too. We would be
            interested in the cooking club and/or walking club. Is it for certain
            ages? Does this group have a regular monthly meeting or anything like
            that?
            Roberta in Plymouth

            --- In gatewayhomeschoolers@yahoogroups.com, "fossilhunter2005"
            <fossilhunter2005@...> wrote:

            > Hi is there anyone interested in starting a cooking club?We think it
            > would be fun for the kids to learn to cook.Also when we finally get
            > warmer weather,how about a walking club?Maybe meet once a week at the
            > canal.

          • April April
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
              Hi. I think we would like the walking club idea. Good exercise! And what day would you be thinking of having the cooking club?

              I would also like to offer guitar lessons. I wouldn't be teaching, but my father would. He has been playing for 30 years and professionally for many many years. Now he is retired and thinking of taking on some students. Perhaps 15 dollars per student. He could either do group classes or private. Any feedback is appreciated!

              April

              <fossilhunter2005@...> wrote:

              > Hi is there anyone interested in starting a cooking club?We think it
              > would be fun for the kids to learn to cook.Also when we finally get
              > warmer weather,how about a walking club?Maybe meet once a week at the
              > canal.

              Yahoo! Mail

            • Roberta M
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 3, 2006
                Hi yes we sometimes get together for planning meetings to plan activities.My friend Julee and I put this group together.We started it last April.I live in Wareham and she lives in Onset.Some of the things we have done over the time is,Went ti the Marine Life Center in Buzzards Bay and had a picnic after near the canal.,Bowling,a potluck dinner for the families to meet and the kids to get together and we set up a game table and a craft table wich we always set up at our meetings and gatherings,last summer was craft class wich was flower pot decorating and planted plants in them,field day,charity events such as the ALS walk on the canal, our group raised almost $600.00,we also did a potluck Thanksgiving dinner and one family came dressed as Indians (check our website for photos),a potluck cookout at my house and the kids had fun in the pool,a math club wich we had D.Porter as a guest speaker,he is the themometer man and we once went to his museum he has at his home,we also raised toys and money for a toy drive(2 home school families lost their child to cancer at a young age)we collected many toys and a thousand$$$ for the childrens hospital for gifts for the kids.A family I know ( wich is one of the families who lost their boy)goes to the hospital every year to bring the toys.We think it is nice for the kids to learn about the charities and to help others.We also went on a tour at Champs Animal Shelter.This spring we are planning sports,art,cooking and the walking club.Everything is for all ages.Oh and one of the things we did this past fall was go on a wagon ride to a pumpkin patch and the kids got to pich thier own pumpkin at East Over Farm and we had a picnic there and got the kids ice cream.Looking forward to you joining us in activities.I will keep you updated.Roberta in Wareham

                <fossilhunter2005@...> wrote:

                > Hi is there anyone interested in starting a cooking club?We think it
                > would be fun for the kids to learn to cook.Also when we finally get
                > warmer weather,how about a walking club?Maybe meet once a week at the
                > canal.

              • Heidi Singer
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 3, 2006
                  We also have a sports program at the Wareham YMCA every Wednesday from 10-12 (ages 6 & up).  This past session we had about 15 kids participating.  They spend 1 hour in the gym with a coach doing exercises to promote self-confidence, self-esteem, coordination, critical thinking, etc. and then play a team sport.  Then they move into the wellness center for about 15 minutes for strength-training exercises on the weight machines.  Then they spend about 45 minutes in the pool with exercises and free swim.

                  <fossilhunter2005@...> wrote:

                  > Hi is there anyone interested in starting a cooking club?We think it
                  > would be fun for the kids to learn to cook.Also when we finally get
                  > warmer weather,how about a walking club?Maybe meet once a week at the
                  > canal.

                  Yahoo! Mail