FWD: Free Gym Classes at Bridgewater State

  • am1653
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2010
      Hi Folks,

      It's been awhile….but I'm just checking back in with you folks regarding some movement opportunities for fall, 2010. First, I will be doing a morning PE class again, on Fridays, from 8:15-9:15, roughly ages 7-12.

      Second, and equally important, I am organizing a smaller group, 12-15 children, ages 7-10, that will meet weekly to learn/rehearse and perform a dance sequence in the College's Winter Dance show in December. The participation of children was a long standing tradition during my years at Burnell School, and I'm hoping to resurrect that tradition this fall. This group would rehearse on Fridays, probably from 3:30-4:30, from mid-September through the show in early December. This, clearly, requires a firm commitment to attend every week. I'm especially hoping to get a few boys in the group. (Right now, I have about 10 interested, with two boys.)

      Let me know if either of these opportunities interests you or if you know of others.

      Hope all is well.

      Sam Baumgarten
      SBAUMGARTEN@...

      Professor and Chair,
      Department of Movement Arts, Health Promotion, and Leisure Studies