Wind Musicians opportunity

  • The Bordens
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2009
      I know this is a little far for most of us but passing it along anyway.
      Blessings
      Lizzie
      Hi,

      My name is Elizabeth and I have always been homeschooled.  For my Girl Scout Gold Award project, I am organizing a wind ensemble (sorry string players) that plays at about the senior district level.  It is open to anyone grade 8 and up (age 13 and up for homeschoolers) who plays at about the senior district level.   I am very interested in having a large homeschool contingent in my band.  I have found a fabulous conductor.  HIs enthusiasm is contagious.  He is really looking forward to working with this group.

      At this point I am still looking for members.  I would appreciate it if you would forward this information to members of your group.  Below is the press release.  There are audition slot available on July 9th and 28th.  The sooner musicians sign up, the better.  If there are not enough people  by the end of July the conductor will need to move on.  Any help you can provide to spread the word will be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Elizabeth

      New! Advanced High School Wind Ensemble

      Tutti, a brand new wind ensemble designed to serve high school students playing at the senior district level, will launch next fall.  It will be conducted by Dr. David Neves, Director of Fine and Performing Arts for the Needham Public Schools.  A phenomenal conductor, Dr. Neves is the only music teacher to have ever received Rhode Island's Teacher of the Year Award.  His conducting and teaching skills combine with his love of music to create a positive learning environment.  He includes long-term musical development with the short-term goal of performing repertoire.  Under Dr. Neves' direction, Tutti is sure to be a rewarding experience for all.  Please note that while the band will rehearse in Needham, students from anywhere in the Greater Boston Area are welcome.  For rehearsal and audition information visit www.TuttiWindEnsemble.com