RE: Gatchman updates

  • Jonathan Waggoner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2011
      As far as these episodes are concerned I don't mind the update, but perhaps a weekly one with links would be best.  Also to those of you that have access perhaps downloading the video and posting to a private youtube link would be advisable.... then just share it to gatchamangroup members... then we could actually watch the bloody things... Um subtitle would help.. not a Japanese speaker here... LOL

      Jonathan

    • tatsunokofan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2011
        Hi all!

        --- In gatchamanclub@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Waggoner <falconlem@...> wrote:

        > As far as these episodes are concerned I don't mind the update, but
        > perhaps a weekly one with links would be best.

        The main reason I was doing them daily was because the episodes are available on the NTV site for only one day apiece, with no place on the site to access the previous episodes. If you don't watch them on the day they're posted, you miss your chance to catch them on that site.

        > Also to those of you that have access perhaps downloading the video
        > and posting to a private youtube link would be advisable.... then
        > just share it to gatchamangroup members... then we could actually
        > watch the bloody things...

        Fortunately, your wish appears to have finally been granted, thanks to someone in Japan who is posting these on a YouTube-like site named FC2 Videos. The person is posting each week's worth of episodes as a block, with all 35 episodes currently aired available so far. They can be found at this link:

        http://tinyurl.com/GoodMorningGatchaman

        These recordings were done off-air when the shows were aired. because of that, they have all of the graphics that were aired over them, like a clock, the current weather, and even a small insert image of the "Zip!" show hosts and guests reacting to the episodes, none of which appear on the clean videos that are posted on the NTV "Zip!" site during the week. But the shows are there for you to enjoy!

        > Um subtitle would help.. not a Japanese speaker here... LOL

        Heh, I can understand the desire for that! Sadly, it isn't too likely to happen. It doesn't help matters that these use very colloquial and slang-filled language, not to mention references to Japanese celebrities who happen to be appearing on the "Zip!" morning show that day.

        Regardless, that one Japanese blogger who has been posting recaps of the episodes might be of some service in that regard. Running the blog entries through something like Google Translate can often give some clues as to what they're saying (Though it does have big problems with slang phrases). These can be found here:

        http://next884mat.at.webry.info/

        I hope this helps!

        James