New shot of M57

  • Frank Barrett
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2002
      I hope y'all don't get tired of me posting my lastest photo's...not
      trying to brag or anything...just trying to share the beauty of the
      night sky. :-)

      Here's my latest... I tried using the SBIG ST-5C which I bought
      primarily to use as an autoguider for film. Turns out its not a bad
      little imaging camera. Friday night was too much moon for film, but
      also too clear not to setup, so I tinkered around with the CCD
      camera. The FOV is pretty small on this camera so I chose M57 as my
      target. Didn't expect this to turn out half this good.

      Enjoy!

      http://bellsouthpwp.net/f/r/frankb02/M57-st5c.html

      Clear moonless skies, Frank
    • Barre W. Spencer
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2002
        Frank,
        Nice pic of M57. M57 is one of my favorites. Could you explain
        what you mean by an exposure time of 25X30 seconds. Please keep
        posting your pictures.

        Barre

        ---------- In gastoncountyskywatchers@y..., "Frank Barrett"