In last 7 days
Gary and the Hornets were from Franklin, Ohio; a town halfway between Cincinnati & Dayton, and received a lot of radio airplay in those markets in 1966 and 1967. In addition to "Hi Hi Hazel", they recorded the first version of "There's A Kind of Hush" that I ever heard--months before Herman's Hermits' version. The group consisted of the Calvert brothers, Gary (age 11 or 12 on guitar and lead vocals, Greg (the oldest at 14 or 15) on bass, and Steve(age 7 or 8) on drums. Please post any updates or photos of this rare 1960's group!
- Apr 7, 2005
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- Anyone can post messages.
Group Email Addresses