3569Sheep Needed for Miller-Cory House Museum Festival - April 2015

  • dancingwatersfarm
    Aug 11, 2014
      The Services Coordinator at the Miller-Cory House Museum in Westfield, NJ (Joan Barna)  is looking for sheep to shear for their annual August festival.  Here is the note from Joan below - please contact her if you can help.  Contact: Joan Barna at Millercorymuseum@...
      *******
      We are an 18th century living farm museum that is open to the public on weekends and school children during the school year.

      For the past 30 years, we have had a "Sheep-to-Shawl" Festival in April...usually after Easter.  We have an experienced sheep shearer (all the shearing is done by hand) but have now lost our source for sheep.  Can you help us?  Do you know of anyone who has sheep and would be interested in our festival?  We are a non-profit, volunteer organization.  Each year, approximately 250-300 people attend our festival.  Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciation.