3518Re: [gardenstatesheepbreeders] March 22nd Meeting

  • Maggie Alexander
    Mar 26 6:40 PM
      A note to my New Jersey sheep friends...there are two parcels of land on my road I would like to tell you about.  The 100 acre pasture is a mile off route 8, on a lovely country road with beautiful views - only $1,000 an acre.  Adjacent to it is a heavily wooded 100 acre lot for $2,000 an acre.  Taxes are low and the air is clean.  Cooperstown is a half hour away and so is Hamilton, home of Colgate University.  Syracuse is an hour away.  You have to drive ten miles for your New York Times, but that is a small trade-off for living in paradise.   Oh, the address is Academy Road, West Edmeston, Brookfield Township, New York.  The real estate outfit is Posson.  Come up and take a look.  Just think - you could raise your own hay and send it back to your friends in New Jersey!

      Maggie Alexander
      Brookfield, Central New York, USA

      On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:32 PM, Farm <stonemanorfarm@...> wrote:

      Sorry to have missed it. Kevin was sick and I was fighting a cold. We always love attending. I do think however that the winters months are hard on folks for the farm days.

      Reni

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 26, 2014, at 1:19 PM, Eunice Bench <sevensprings7@...> wrote:

       Thank you to Judi Lehrhaupt for hosting the meeting this past Saturday. Attendance was low but we had a great time anyway. I was sorry that I had to leave early but had left a ewe that I knew was going to deliver. Sure enough she had twin ewes.

       With such a low attendance, we postponed the nominations of officers to fill the two trustee positions that are expired. We need to do that. Perhaps we also need to rethink the Saturday meetings and go back to evening meetings but fewer throughout the year and maybe a field trip or two in warmer weather. I know how people are pressed for time and life in general. Something to think about.

       Our next festival meeting is scheduled for April 17th. Please mark your calendars and let me know if this will work for you.

       Thank you again Judi.

        Eunice

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic