Re: [gwmg] - Dilemma

  • James B
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
      The 4th edition is a pretty rare find, so I personally I'd grab it while
      you've got the chance. Despite the poor production values it has got a lot
      of good material. I also think the 4th edition rules have become that more
      relevant with the release of the D20 system D&D and Star Wars game and
      demise of Alternity. The map isn't at all necessary.

      TotA is useful enough too, though I run a more for a low-tech game. I didn't
      even know there was a poster that came with it!

      Regards,

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
        In a message dated 2/1/2001 4:39:26 AM Central Standard Time,
        James@... writes:

        TotA is useful enough too, though I run a more for a low-tech game. I didn't
        even know there was a poster that came with it!

        It's just a poster depicting the different kinds of robots and Gamma Knights.
        It's not necessary to have it to use the book.

        Bonetapper the Ghoul
      • Robert Weber
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001

            James B <James@...> wrote:

          The 4th edition is a pretty rare find, so I personally I'd grab it while
          you've got the chance. Despite the poor production values it has got a lot
          of good material. I also think the 4th edition rules have become that more
          relevant with the release of the D20 system D&D and Star Wars game and
          demise of Alternity. The map isn't at all necessary.

          TotA is useful enough too, though I run a more for a low-tech game. I didn't
          even know there was a poster that came with it!

          Regards,

          --- James ---

          The poster for TotA is of the powered armor suits from Gamma Knights. Also not necessary to the 4th edition. As far as the map for the Rule book goes, it only covers the area south of (what used to be) Chicago & is centered around the Napless & Datun ruins, among the many... Personally I was disappointed when I got it, expecting a new version of the Unuked States of Confusion.

          Cheerio

          Bobjester (Robert Weber)

          bobjester28@...

          Bobjester's GammaWorld at http://www.homestead.com/jesterspages/RGWgammaworld.html

          Do You Yahoo!?
          - Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail Personal Address - only $35 a year!