Re: [gwmg] - RE: Saranxis

  • Chris Conboy
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2000
      Tormentor wrote:

> [...]

      Um, I'm recovering from poison ivy on both hands, Bad flu for 2 weeks (2 more
      weeks to go!), cat almost died, first day at work for 2 weeks, today.

      I know how you feel. For me, though, I expect it's temporary. <sorry -G>

      AS the Last beating of this dead horse from me, I was gonna send something
      privately, but I believe too many people know who I am anyway, and since I'm
      such a snivelling bastard felt I had to say something publicly. Maybe too much
      said.

      Saranxis provided an important svc for a time, but those days are over. I
      dropped the WoTC list way back at that time, too, figured I may as well cut out
      as much grief at one time as I could. The people on This list are the real
      deal, anyway.

      > (can I use the baby as an excuse for very,

      Yes.

      And you basically made your point about being a good list moderator, the
      activity on the group proves that you are, the maybe-misguided msg too, the idea
      was On Target, and it's obvious many people on the list really enjoy this group.

      My reply was baser/nastier than originally intended, but way back when, I was
      sooo incensed, and if your msg was really what you believed then maybe I
      deserved to be again. I'm glad I made my point, I *really* appreciate your new
      reply, and Jory's as well, this list is really very clean, but things will
      happen in every family.

      1) still friends
      2) sorry I overreacted a bit
      3) but glad I made my point.

      [topic back to Lurk Mode]

      Hey, how 'bout those Hoops?

      =Chris
    • Tormentor
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2000
        If you've been reading some of the *very spirited* discussions on the WOTC
        list, then the phrase would be

        How 'bout those kenders? !!!

        Kenders, badders, T'Sa...it's all the same.

        --
        Tormentor (Neil Whitlow)
        Tormentor@...

      • Mark Edward Reed
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2000
          Hello Chris

          <SNIP>

          > Hey, how 'bout those Hoops?

          A bit stringy and they need lots o' garlic... <LOL>

          Regards
          Mark
          --

          Some people hope to achieve immortality through their works or their
          children. I would prefer to achieve it by not dying.

          | __ | |
          | /// Mark Edward Reed (AKA Lord Alberonn I) | Vacuum Tube |
          |__ /// Amiga Librarian, Amiga Sysop, & Webmaster | BBS |
          |\\\/// Amiga-Commodore User's Group #0447 | +1-503- |
          | \XX/ http://home.pacifier.com/~alberonn/acug.html | 325-2905 |
          |______________________________________________________|_____________|
        • Sensei David O.E. Mohr - Lord Ronin from
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2000
            Hoi Chris and Tormentor:

            Off GW topic. But I jsut want both of you guys to know that it is a
            pleasure to see a good bunch of people that can accept each other and
            their failings at times. This list is tops. Compared to others that I
            have been on, just for this reason.

            Oh about those hoops? Who gave them the 30-30s?

            BCNU

            --
            *****
            ****** **** Lord Ronin from Q-Link
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2000
              "Sensei David O.E. Mohr - Lord Ronin from Q-Link" wrote:

              > Hoi Chris and Tormentor:
              >
              > Off GW topic. But I jsut want both of you guys to know that it is a
              > pleasure to see a good bunch of people that can accept each other and
              > their failings at times. This list is tops. Compared to others that I
              > have been on, just for this reason.

              Oh, for sure, this is true on this list.

              afaict, Neil's a great guy, just lost me for a couple hours is all.

              Hey, I'm glad you're on the the list, Dave.

              People celebrate kids on this list, I think we all oughta give David a Cheers
              for achieving 50, cool. When I began Gamma World I was uncertain I'd see the
              millennium, (right around the corner for some -g), let alone 50 (still to come).

              > Oh about those hoops? Who gave them the 30-30s?

              Lost me.

              l8r
            • J-Man
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 2000
                The Hoops are out doing things to field Mice that you'd rather not know.
                ghastly business that..
                J-Man
                ICQ# 2843475
                New Hampshire - U.S.A.
                Email : j-man@...
                Home Page : http://www.gocsystems.com/

                > "Sensei David O.E. Mohr - Lord Ronin from Q-Link" wrote:
                > >
                > > Hoi Chris and Tormentor:
                > >
                > > Off GW topic. But I jsut want both of you guys to know that it is a
                > > pleasure to see a good bunch of people that can accept each other and
                > > their failings at times. This list is tops. Compared to others that I
                > > have been on, just for this reason.
                >
                > Oh, for sure, this is true on this list.
                >
                > afaict, Neil's a great guy, just lost me for a couple hours is all.
                >
                > Hey, I'm glad you're on the the list, Dave.
                >
                > People celebrate kids on this list, I think we all oughta give David a
                Cheers
                > for achieving 50, cool. When I began Gamma World I was uncertain I'd see
                the
                > millennium, (right around the corner for some -g), let alone 50 (still to
                come).

                > > Oh about those hoops? Who gave them the 30-30s?
                >
                > Lost me.
                >
                > l8r

                > Free Worldwide Calling with Firetalk!
                > Click Here:

              • James
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 2, 2000
                  The phrase is "How 'bout those badders?" !!!!!! :-)

                  Regards,

                  - - - James B - - -
                  http://www.jpb-s.demon.co.uk/ Gamma World Appreciation
                  & Mutant Bikers of the Atomic Wastelands
                • Sensei David O.E. Mohr - Lord Ronin from
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 2, 2000
                    Hoi Chris:

                    On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Chris Conboy wrote:

                    > afaict, Neil's a great guy, just lost me for a couple hours is all.

                    I think so too, from reading his posting.

                    > Hey, I'm glad you're on the the list, Dave.

                    Thanks man, I'm just glad to find an informative group on a game with so
                    many different versions. Unlike some other lists I tried, for a certain
                    Sword and Sorcery game. Though I admit to enjoying GW 1&2 more than GW3. I
                    do enjoy playing in <where did I put my characters?> GW4. Don't know the
                    ages of other list members. Or what age they started the GW game. FWIW I
                    was in my 30s when I first started. Sometime in 82. Wonder if I will be an
                    Ancient for 3rd ed? Got enough chemicals in me from a mis spent youth <BG>

                    > People celebrate kids on this list, I think we all oughta give David a
                    > Cheers for achieving 50, cool. When I began Gamma World I was
                    > uncertain I'd see the millennium, (right around the corner for some
                    > -g), let alone 50 (still to come).

                    Thanks again Chris. I always say that gaming is the only true
                    reality. But then I also swear tht I will never grow up. Grown ups don7t
                    know how to play and have fun. <VBG>

                    > > Oh about those hoops? Who gave them the 30-30s?
                    >
                    > Lost me.

                    Sorry an in house joke about an illustration in an early version of GW
                    where the bunny wabbits are armed. Some look like they are holding
                    Winchester 30-30 cal rifles. At least we gave them that in our game. <SEG>

                    BCNU

                    --
                    *****