[gwmg] - (OT) "Bouncing email"

  • David Little
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 1999
      Hi all,

      Since I've been back from vacation, I have only gotten a few messages
      from the list. While I was gone, I was not able to check my mail, so
      my account got overloaded (Nuked). This caused probably alot of you to
      get returns or something about my account being dead or whatever. It
      took me several hours of sorting/deleting to get my account back. I
      believe that in the two weeks that I have been back, I received maybe
      10 or so messages from the list. I really look forward to what is
      going on in the list, so please double-check to make sure that I am
      back in your address books.

      Sorry about the confusion my vacation caused. Next time, I will make
      it a point of checking my mail account so this doesn't happen again.

      Dave

    • John Horton
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 1999
        Dave,

        egroups has a "vacation" mode where you don't get copies of the
        messages, you just read them on the web when you get back.
        Saves a lot of "inbox" cleanup :-).

        John

        Date sent: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 04:54:11 -0800 (PST)
        From: David Little <D_Little@...>
        To: gammaworld@egroups.com
        Send reply to: gammaworld@egroups.com
        Subject: [gwmg] - (OT) "Bouncing email"

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Since I've been back from vacation, I have only gotten a few messages
        > from the list. While I was gone, I was not able to check my mail, so
        > my account got overloaded (Nuked). This caused probably alot of you to
        > get returns or something about my account being dead or whatever. It
        > took me several hours of sorting/deleting to get my account back. I
        > believe that in the two weeks that I have been back, I received maybe
        > 10 or so messages from the list. I really look forward to what is
        > going on in the list, so please double-check to make sure that I am
        > back in your address books.
        >
        > Sorry about the confusion my vacation caused. Next time, I will make
        > it a point of checking my mail account so this doesn't happen again.
        >
        > Dave

        > Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. All in one place.

        > CAN'T CHECK EMAIL OVER THE HOLIDAYS?
        > Don't find out weeks later about that kickin' New Year's party.
        > Listen to your email for free over the phone with a Collegeclub.com
        > account. Get it now at: http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1852
        >
        > -- Create a poll/survey for your group!
        > -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=gammaworld&m=1

        John Horton, Systems Analyst Cal. State University, Northridge
        Dept. of Systems & Technology 18111 Nordhoff St.
        <john.horton@...> Northridge, CA 91330-8335