Re: New poll for gammaworld

  • Tormentor
    Message 1 of 49 , May 1, 2013

      Good point Alexandr.  I remember Lord Ronin clinging to his Commodore 64, and accessing the web via Lynx text only browser in terminal window.

      For years, I'd get an HTML page updated on my site that looked fine in IE, Opera, Firefox, etc, then go fire up Lynx myself to make sure all the low-fi elements (alternative descriptions for image placeholders, etc) would look good for LR when he navigated with text-only. :)

      I have only had a smartphone for about a year now.  I do not like the fact that it puts me "on the grid" even more than before..even with GPS permissions turned off as much as possible.

      Like spending cash instead of using a credit card, 'm waiting for the day when Big Brother looks at people with suspicion if they "don't" carry around a mobile communication and tracking device.

      "You must have something to hide if you won't carry a smartphone so we can track your every move".

      On 5/1/2013 10:38 AM, Alexandr wrote:

      What this poll is missing is an option for "None Of The Above" which is not really the same as "Other". I own neither a tablet nor a cell phone (and plan to stay that way, in the dark ages, for as long as I possibly can). :)

      Alex

    • Nicole Massey
      Message 49 of 49 , May 1, 2013
        I also own neither -- my options are ones that still have accessibility
        issues or those made by Apple, which is a secret front for the Red Death and
        the KoGP.